cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine recently bought me the new HTC One which is locked to O2 on a Pay & Go account

I live in SA and want to use the phone here.

Will it be possible for me to unlock the device so that it can be used in South Africa?

tx 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It would but the phone has to be registered on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not from SA. The phone needs to be in the UK to unlock it unless it was previously used in UK ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

the phone was used for a short time in UK and still has an active O2 SIM (on international roaming)

I read somewhere in the forum that O2 can send me the unlock code for £15 which can be deducted from my account.

Will that method work? 

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It would but the phone has to be registered on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, ive been on contract with o2 for 24 months and im wondering if i can unlock my phone to use a cheaper network because im a student and o2 is just too expensive for what traffif i want... please reply and let me know 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, ive been on contract with o2 for 24 months and im wondering if i can unlock my phone to use a cheaper network because im a student and o2 is just too expensive for what traffif i want... please reply and let me know 

Yes, full instructions here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=17424

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you!
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad your sorted slight_smile
Message 8 of 8