cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 and latest HTC Service Pack

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering if anyones run into any bugs or issues with the latest HTC Service Pack. My phone autoinstalled it last night. All fine and dandy I thought. Works fine at home with my wireless router. But at work it's saying its connected with a superb signal, but it's stuggling to load any content. Have reset the phone and router, but it's just not getting any packets/content. Popped home at lunchtime and it immediately sent a couple of test emails and synched dropbox. Back at work now and it's just being plain pants and not playing ball. I'm assuming that it's the service pack as it was fine here at work until the service pack went on last night. Unless a trip to Norway last week has broken it !! Ping tools are showing DNS errors. But not sure how a SP could affect DNS record lookup with a certain brand of wireless router and not others.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Sounds more like a problem with the connection at work tbh.
Is anything else working off it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, serving my partner in crimes iPhone and my old ICS Tablet just fine still. Both of which ping and tracert just fine to 8.8.8.8. The M9 also did the same thing with the wireless at my uncles house today, but is fine now I'm back here at home.
Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Ok, so the first thing is to do a factory reset (back up first) then check the advanced wifi settings and let me know what options HTC have given you to choose from please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya, I think I'll try removing the Service Pack as a first step as that's a slightly less drastic and destructive step to aiding diagnosis. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Removed "service pack" no change, but can't help thinking that the service pack has left something in place in the network stack. Bought my old M7 in this morning, which hasn't been updated with that service pack, but is still running Lollipop, and that is working fine. Next step a hard reset on the M9 I suppose. PITA but that's the only step forward.
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd......

Everything else gets served an external IP from the wireless router apart from my M9......

HTCONE_M9_001.pngHTCONE_M9_002.pngHTCONE_M9_003.png
HTCONE_M9_004.pngHTCONE_M9_005.pngHTCONE_M9_006.png

DESKTOP_001.JPG

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Is that after the reset or before ^^^ ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is before, and also now after !
Did the full on wipe and hard reset last night, then wandered down the local boozer, where it normally has no problem with the WiFi (or hasn't in the past) and it was doing the same thing.
Now sat at work (with a mildly cloudy head I may add) and it's still doing the same thing.
Oddly at home it's connecting just fine to both my wireless routers and has no problem pulling and external IP from the DNS. Weird....... I took my M7 along with me - which I haven't allowed to apply the service pack, and it connected fine in the boozer and still connects fine here at work..... Odd.

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Looking at your screen shots it's not liking the Google DNS (8888).
Try 8844 and also check everything is logged in OK on your Google account (for testing, turn off 2 step verification if you have it on).

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20