Not applicable
Thank you for your little promotion @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It was released for the M7 yesterday too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stagefright is a potentially serious vulnerability that affects 95% of Android devices. It arises when certain applications download a malicious media file automatically before you even open it. From there, the hacker can – theoretically, at least – delete all traces of the message, leaving you blissfully unaware anything has happened.

Taken from the web, is this true guys?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it's kinda true, although there are no reports of it ever happening and it's already been patched so it can't happen.
A lot of media hype as with most things wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Scaremongering at its best as with so many things sensationalise by the media. The chances of this happening to an individual is as remote as winning the lottery. Yes it can happen but do you know anyone personally.....

Message 6 of 6