cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play won't play ball - I think?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Experia E model D2005.  Now trying to download SONOS controller for Android.  On an exact similar D2005 my wife did it successfully.  It is invisible on my phone after going to Firefox and downloading and installing.  It reported subsequently as being installed and as being compatible with my device, but will not display anywhere.  I cannot see it to uninstall it.

Also, Google Play does not appear anywhere in any listing.

I have failed to find a Google web page to download and install Google Play.

Maybe Google Play is a red herring - but where is SONOS controller?

Thanks for any advice .......

Phil

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Play Store should be in your apps list and it is a system app so it must be there.
You should download your Sonos app through Play to ensure you get a safe version.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Clicking on that should open the play store direct to sonos controller.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 - thanks. Play Store is not in my apps; anywhere on the Sony D2005. I have not found where to get it.

@viridis - thanks also. The link shows that the sonos controller is installed and is compatible. BUT that is all done on this PC and is correct; I have the PC setup working.

Using Firefox on the Sony D2005 to display the similar download screen for the Android D2005 I also get Installed and compatible for the sonos controller. And that is with the Google play logo banner across the screen top.

In other words - no step forward, unfortunately.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand how the Play Store cannot be in your apps, when in theory the phone would have used it to install most of your other apps. The phone hasn't been rooted or anything has it? Have you ahd it since new?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Is it stilll on your homescreen (Sony put it there by default) ?

sony-xperia-e1-2.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3048397&d=1417735533
That's the play store latest version.
Any reason as to why it's missing will be given when trying to install that.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Is there no optionb to show hidden widgets? I know android should have that option on the app page.

Message 9 of 9