cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 not registering on netwrok - SIM works in other phones, phone works with other o2 SIMs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) on o2 Pay Monthly. It has been working fine until yesterday. Suddenly I am getting Emergency Calls Only/Not registered on network errors – no signal at all. It is intermittent – for half an hour today I was able to send and receive texts, make calls etc, but had no data signal.

However – another O2 sim works fine in my phone, my O2 sim works fine in another phone.

I have backed up all my pics etc and done a hard reset. I have contacted O2, and the guru said he’d never seen anything like it before. I am due to go to the store to swap my SIM, but as it worked fine in another phone I have serious doubts this will work – anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) on o2 Pay Monthly. It has been working fine until yesterday. Suddenly I am getting Emergency Calls Only/Not registered on network errors – no signal at all. It is intermittent – for half an hour today I was able to send and receive texts, make calls etc, but had no data signal.

However – another O2 sim works fine in my phone, my O2 sim works fine in another phone.

I have backed up all my pics etc and done a hard reset. I have contacted O2, and the guru said he’d never seen anything like it before. I am due to go to the store to swap my SIM, but as it worked fine in another phone I have serious doubts this will work – anyone have any ideas?

Try swapping the sim first & see if that works. If not then contact samsung

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

Try swapping the sim first & see if that works. If not then contact samsung

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like an intermittent network issue.
Check your postcode to see if any work is ongoing http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
A sim swap at 5pm Monday worked and I have since had no issues. Customer service in the Leeds Briggate store was very good, I must say, albeit a little full on.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear everything is now sorted and that CS was helpful slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you're sorted slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see your sorted

Message 7 of 7