cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4.. is it worth upgrading to the S5 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone.. how many of you have upgraded from ythe S4 to the new S5 .. & is it worth the change?.. or do you feel its worth hanging on for the next variation as their doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference other than 'fingerprint recognition'.. maybe the S6 wiuld have the integrated metal / alloy chasis that seems to be the way other makes & models have gone with a generally more robust feel etc.. besides larger leaps in hardware / software ?...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello DrewPC -  I guess an answer to your question depends on what you want or need your mobile phone to be able to do?  Is there anything the S5 can do that the S4 simply cannot do?   Is there anything the S5 can do better or faster or cheaper than the S4 can manage?  If you stay with the S4 will your daily life be any worse than it would be if you upgrade?  Then of course you would need to consider the financial implications and ask yourself if any increase in your outlay and ongoing expenditure would be justified in terms of the added benefits (if any) of upgrading.

I'd be interested to hear some of your answers! 

Good luck whatever you decide.

Gerry

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
High
Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm not sure Samsung will use a metal shell on their handsets and for good reason, Samsung produce ABS plastic and use their own in house produced Plastic for 99% of products, while moulding is outsourced Samsung provide the material. Switching to aluminium would cost them significantly.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello DrewPC -  I guess an answer to your question depends on what you want or need your mobile phone to be able to do?  Is there anything the S5 can do that the S4 simply cannot do?   Is there anything the S5 can do better or faster or cheaper than the S4 can manage?  If you stay with the S4 will your daily life be any worse than it would be if you upgrade?  Then of course you would need to consider the financial implications and ask yourself if any increase in your outlay and ongoing expenditure would be justified in terms of the added benefits (if any) of upgrading.

I'd be interested to hear some of your answers! 

Good luck whatever you decide.

Gerry

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to keep up with new releases and tech and show your circle of friends you have the latest model then..... yes.

If your s4 still ticks your wants and needs boxes then you need to ask yourself the question why upgrade for yourself.

Every year I upgrade my iPhone because I want to keep up with technology.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I would say no but it's personal preference if you are really going to use things like the heart rate monitor and fingerprint unlock which has already been hacked then yes but otherwise I don't really see the point myself
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144470 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
I agree completely with Gerry.
Even though I have owned many newer handsets I still use my S3 the most.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions
I don't think the differences in themselves warrant the upgrade but only you can decide whether the phone meets your needs. Of you are happy with the current model I would stock with it. It's hardly outdated.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having gone from S3 to S4 and (apart from the camera and screen size) not seeing much difference, me personally wouldn't rush or pay much more than I do now.

If I got the handset free for same monthly charge in exchange for a new 24 month contract then maybe. 😃
Message 9 of 9