cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Mini - missing clock functionality after firmware upgade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve successfully upgraded the firmware on my Galaxy S3 Mini to 4.1.2 (from 4.1.1) and find that tapping the clock widget no longer opens the clock app. I have tried a restart and deleting and re-adding the widget. Is there a setting that can restore this functionality?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Make sure you tap on the time part of the display.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm definitely tapping the time. I use the 4x1 digital clock but have tried all the others, with no success.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
I can't remember if it is supposed to do that on that firmware as it's been a long time since I used it myself....
It's possible that it's the way Samsung have made it but if it's a big issue for you there are other weather/clock apps on Play store that you can try.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4