Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S23 Mobile data issue

Rolfd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I've just upgraded from an iPhone on a sim only plan to a new plan with a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Every time I leave home and move from WiFi the phone refuses to automatically connect to mobile data. I can make calls no problem but the symbol for 4g or 5g doesn't appear and I get no connection to the internet. If I toggle aeroplane mode on then off it will kick 5g or 4g in and it works for a short time then disconnects again. I've tried resetting my network settings on the handset but that didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Rolfd
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jyloox Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting on them getting back to me. I won't hold my breath though. At least I've something to give them as a potential resolution if they do bother to ring back. If I'm honest I'm not going to chase them after 3 phone calls. If they don't come back to me I'll just move to another network. I'm not tied to any contract etc. Thanks again...

Message 31 of 36

Ofelas
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Finally got a solution. Exactly as @jyloox advised.

Got O2 to disconnect then reconnect my number from the network.

Inconvenient, but it seems to have worked!

Message 32 of 36

Rolfd
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I said I’d give them another chance to fix my issue. Big mistake it seems. I’m now 4 phone calls in, each with a promise that someone will call me within 5 days. I’ve had no call backs from anyone. I’ve emailed the complaint resolution team twice, both ignored. I’ve had the problem since mid June and it’s got to the stage that I hate o2. I made the mistake of believing the promises and said I’d get a new device with them. Now tied to a contract and can’t use the phone outside of a Wi-Fi network as almost all my comms are via iMessage or WhatsApp. I also can’t stream music or use Apple Maps in my car. I’m waiting out the 8 weeks then complaining to ofcom. To say I’m frustrated is an understatement. 

Message 33 of 36

Rolfd
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick update for anyone else having this issue. I finally got a call back from the o2 complaints resolution team. After initially telling me that the network was busy in the areas I had the issue (Stranraer to Newcastle Upon Tyne and all of Northern Ireland) I pushed them on the fact that this is making my phone unusable.

After declining their offer of £45.00 credit to my account they allowed me to leave the network with no early termination charges etc. I'm just waiting on the prepaid envelope to post the phone back. They wouldn't disconnect my line and reconnect as others had suggested as this would mess up my CCA and leave me with a bill for the full price of my handset. 

I'm happy enough with this resolution as I couldn't go on as things were. I've contacted the complaints resolution team for two separate issues and although they were slow this time, they have sorted my problems on both occasions. I've been with o2 probably since they were BT Cellnet, so a change may be what's needed!

Message 34 of 36

Mac11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys, I'm a bit late to this thread, but I had a massive issue after purchasing an S23+ that's been refurbished. I think I got an American model. 

Anyway, I had zero mobile data and had tried everything that the forums etc had said. I noticed that in APN settings there was nothing there. Resetting them to default did nothing. After a bit I googled what the o2 APN settings are and added them manually. And now I've got 5g and everything else working. 

Message 35 of 36

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6323 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Very late to the thread @Mac11, about seven months actually ! 😁  

Anyway, really pleased that you resolved your problem, the S23+ is such a very good 'phone. 👍

Message 36 of 36