Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - not able to configure roaming in the USA

adhiren
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bit of an off one that I've never had an issue with before...

Am in the US and my Dual Sim Galaxy S22 Ultra can't seem to find any network to roam on.  Normally I always get a text when I first arrive but this time and now a week after arriving, I still haven't received any text message like usual. I've tried to manually go into Sim Manager and then mobile networks and then network operator and then when clicking on my sim, it just says "error while searching for networks' when I try to manually search for one.  Data roaming is on, and network mode is set to auto connect.  Have tried turning phone on/off and playing around with airplane mode and as I said it's been over a week now and nothing.  I have a VOLT tariff through Virgin Media and does include roaming. 

I was here in January and didn't have a problem then so not sure what else to do? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Possibly a sim issue @adhiren ?

Try removing, wiping and reinserting it and if you are in need of data, look into a local PAYG sim 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

adhiren
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks.  It's an esim I use and again previously hasn't been an issue. Not  sure if I remove it if I'll be able to reconnect again with the QR code due to being outside the UK. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Not a good idea to remove it @adhiren just in case, although in theory, you should be able to reactivate it from your MyO2.

I'd just start with a network reset first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

adhiren
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks - tried network reset and did nothing to help.  It's showing 'Emergency Calls Only' at least now which is more than before.  Still showing 'error while searching for networks' when trying to change network operator manually

There's higher than normal call volumes with o2 so still not able to get thru to anyone there to see if they can help 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

It is sounding very much like a sim issue or account block @adhiren 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

adhiren
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just spoke to someone and then they did some diagnostics with me, and nothing worked again.  They were quite surprised as well as we again did a network reset and that didn't help in any way.  There's no block or issues with my account and everything is showing as active on the o2 system.   The person said they will have to escalate it to some other team however because I'm not able to get any calls or texts on my UK number they won't be able to reach me other than email, I guess.  I did try to give a local number, but they don't accept non-UK on that form the person was completing for me. 

The person was very helpful and did seem like they cared at least to want to help.  I was told to keep trying as.  It's been 2 weeks since I arrived here in the US and nothing.  Even the security texts from o2 aren't coming thru. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@adhiren 

I can only suggest you keep rebooting and resetting and cross your fingers.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8