Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A20 not connecting to home wifi -

Jon_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's set to connect automatically.  Mostly, it does.  But some mornings, it's lost the connection and can't find it again.  It can't find the wifi at all.  Other devices in the house don't have this issue so the problem isn't the wifi itself.  But it's intermittent, just had 48 hrs fine, and today it's down again.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Jon_R 

Try forgetting and re-pairing the connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Jon_R
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not even finding the connection to forget it (or what am I missing?).  It literally finds about 2 options,  when there are usually about 15 (only one of which, obviously, I have ever used because the rest are locked and belong to neighbours!)

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Jon_R 

Try rebooting the phone to see if it finds all the connecctions, but it's likely to be a faulty wifi module.

You can get Samsung to check it for you https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ but they will likely ask you to do a factory reset first, so make a backup of your phone before doing so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Jon_R
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hah, thanks.  Probably more of a faff than it needs to be, given that the issue is only intermittent.  I'll bear this in mind as the best option

Message 5 of 5