Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

Mags
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help please. Following Plusnet broadband outage recently which is now working again my phone won't reconnect. O2 advised me to do BACKUP AND RESET,which I did. Phone (Samsung A3) STILL won't connect tho it says it has - and when I do BACKUP AND RESET again the phone connects to 4G..and it's charging my account balance  tho I  have mobile data switched off. I don't want to do a RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS as I'm worried I'll lose every app etc on my phone. I've tried everything but still the phone won't connect to my broadband tho it says ''connected''. I can't access any websites/Whatsapp etc. Phone is currently useless to me! PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Mags

You could try this (advice from Android Central)

On your device, go to System Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wi-Fi, select the Wi-Fi network that you’re trying to connect to, and tap “Forget.” Then reconnect by selecting that network again and entering whatever password that may be needed. Save the settings reboot the phone and see if that works?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/326698-guide-troubleshooting-wi-fi-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you turned your WiFi router off and back on again?
It's also possible that you still have issues with Plusnet.
Try connecting your phone to another WiFi hotspot to confirm if phone or router issue?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Mags
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again - I posted this yesterday but phone still having probs connecting to home broadband wi-fi. O2 advised a backup and reset which I did...phone is now on 4G and tho I have mobile data switched off it appears to be depleting the balance on my phone - yikes! Anyone help me? Thank you. Mags 

Message 4 of 4