cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my Mins,txts,data

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i change to unlimited data on my monthly contract and drop my mins and txts down to 2000 rather than unlimited. I use more data than sending txts and calling. Ive rung 2202 no help. Tried 2425 no connection, 202 no help. I would prefer to talk to O2 Team but these days you have to everything online or by phone. Buying new data is well over price, £13 for 2GB? My friend is with o2/Tesco he pays half the price for 2GB. Ive been customer for years n the prices on data is ridiculous. I can use 5GB of data within a week. I use Netflix, Online Gaming apps, Fb, Youtube, Snapchat, Instagram. Help!? ☺
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can't get unlimited data on O2.
For what you want you would be better off on a different network that more suitably meets your needs.
You can get a giffgaff sim which will work in your phone and have unlimited mobile data use for £18 month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

You can change tariff  to upgrade it. Log into your My O2 and click on Change Tariff and it will show the options available to you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Either that or ring customer services on 202 again.... If you do it this route you do need to be patient and hold on for an advisor

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my o2 Tarrif i cant change anything. I dont want to upgrade the phone just want to change my data allowance, the only is trying to get an advisor. How do i let the automated system go to an advisor?
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
In my o2 Tarrif i cant change anything. I dont want to upgrade the phone just want to change my data allowance, the only is trying to get an advisor. How do i let the automated system go to an advisor?

You can change a tariff via My o2... you can though only upgrade or buy a data bolt on you can't downgrade..(I know you don't want to change the phone)

As for ringing 202 to speak to an advisor...you listen to all the options and choose the one that suits you...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
For what you want you would be better off on a different network that more suitably meets your needs.
You can get a giffgaff sim which will work in your phone and have unlimited mobile data use for £18 month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Thanks for that advice @MI5 .... I knew you couldn't get unlimited data on O2. I didn't realise that you could with giffgaff ...so will remember that. wink

Would the OP need to pay off their contract if they want to change networks though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, or just have the giffgaff sim to put in phone when wanting to use the extra data.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, or just have the giffgaff sim to put in phone when wanting to use the extra data.

Good call. Using so little data myself I have no idea of these clever solutions Jaw-dropping wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8