Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting not working Pixel 3A PAYG

iMarkeh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried enabling call waiting using the o2 instructions and it says that it is enabled but I know it isn't working as twice now someone has called me while I was on the phone and it didn't offer me and option to accept or decline the call.

Call waiting is enabled doing the *43# and also in my phone settings (in the phone, additional settings, call waiting). 

I am using a Google Pixel 3a, I have na o2 PAYG £10 Big Bundle. 

Does anyone know how I can fix it as it's causing me a lot of issues. 

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iMarkeh 

Not available on PAYG with O2, sorry. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iMarkeh 

Not available on PAYG with O2, sorry. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iMarkeh 

If it's critical to you, look at changing to a monthly sim only tariff. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

iMarkeh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really.... Damn. Is it available on PAYG with other networks?

I'd like to remain loyal to o2 but call waiting may force me away as it's really important to me and doing pay monthly would mean me paying every month where as now I pay around 9-10 months of the year (using o2 rewards for 1 month and I sometimes delay topping up if I don't need my phone at that time)

Message 4 of 8

iMarkeh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looking at those pay monthly deals, they are awful compared to what I am getting now on PAYG. 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iMarkeh 

I believe it works on giffgaff which runs on O2 network.

www.giffgaff.com

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@iMarkeh If you're thinking of changing networks you need to consider whether you would have as good coverage with the network you choose. That should be more important than whatever you're paying. There are sim only deals with 5GB of data for as little as £10 per month. Just something for you to think about. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

iMarkeh1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have upgraded to a contract now (hence my new account) for the call waiting but it isn't working still. I have done the normal dial code and my phone settings show call waiting is on but it isn't working. Any ideas?

Message 8 of 8