cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen of death

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My samsung S4 has got the black screen of death. It's happened before, but managed to bring it back to life. But this time, no matter what I do it won't come back to life.

I have pressed the home key for 15 seconds, I have pressed the home key and the power key and nothing, I have pressed the power key and volumn up - all combinations and nothing.

What do you all think?

Andrea

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
It certainly should last longer than that.
Give Samsung a call to see if you're still covered on warranty, should be 2 years.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Time for an upgrade?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not due an upgrade till Feb 2018, so it's not yet 24 months old. My other Samsung lasted me around 5/6 years. This one...less than 2. I haven't finished paying it off...
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
It certainly should last longer than that.
Give Samsung a call to see if you're still covered on warranty, should be 2 years.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Definitely deal with Samsung, don't be tempted to deal with O2 repairs because it's easier. 

Message 5 of 5