cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Xperia 1L

Do I need to manually back up eg contacts & photos on a regular basis ... or ... Is it somehow done automatically?

I ask because my previous Nokia / Lumia phone accidentally slipped into a dirty canal ... therefore ... I lost my contacts & photos 😞

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

In settings...check you have back up automatically turned on @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Download Xperia companion for PC and back up entirely once a week or month to suit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have checked @Cleoriff & no I didn't have back up automatically turned on ... ... ... I do now though, thank you Cleo'

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Download Xperia companion for PC and back up entirely once a week or month to suit.

I'd like to have a go at doing this @MI5 ... but ... where 1st to begin?

Mention 'Download' to me ... & ... I generally get over-anxious to put it politely Crazy Confused Destroy

I have just Googled 'Download Xperia Companion for PC' ... & ... there are loadsa replies ... = ... I don't know which one to choose? ... @MI5 Will you give me a pointer please? ... = ... not to 'spoon-feed' me = just to nudge me on my way, thank you 

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
https://support.sonymobile.com/za/xperia-companion/#gref
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5 ... I believe I have downloaded as per your blue link ... & ... set my calendar for a month's time to back up again ... hope I've backed up ok ... would like to see something outstanding eg 'now backed up' ... = ... Keep It Simple Stupid ... for me anyway

Thank you again @MI5

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As long as you followed the process to back up, a file will be saved on your laptop which you can use to restore your phone from should anything ever go wrong with it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As long as you followed the process to back up, a file will be saved on your laptop which you can use to restore your phone from should anything ever go wrong with it.

I think I've done it alright ... I can't say anymore than that ... there was a file with 'appropriate' name on it

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds good slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12