cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I just being overly paranoid? Galaxy S3 question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I know this question will probably sound a bit thick-headed of me, but my S3 isn't able to make any calls at the moment, but I am able to access the internet using mobile data. Whenever, I try to make a phone call it says 'not registered on network' now I've checked the o2 maintainence map and it shows that there IS repairs happening on a phone mast within my given postcode. I'm assuming this is the culprit? Sorry, I've just been reading that phones bought on contract can be blacklisted, if the previous owner reports it as stolen or missing, I bought my one off a friend, that's why I thought I might as well ask, BTW I've used the phone for about 6-7 weeks with no problems whatsoever.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's probably the work on your local mast but have you tried in any other areas. Try cleaning the sim and leave the battery out for 5 minutes for starters.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's probably the work on your local mast but have you tried in any other areas. Try cleaning the sim and leave the battery out for 5 minutes for starters.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I haven't tried it anywhere else. Thanks for your advice, I've taken the battery out and cleaned the sim thoroughly, I just have to wait until morning to see if it works!

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Let us know how you go on. If you are still having problems in other areas come back and we can go through other remedies.

Message 4 of 4