Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 blocking voip ports?

tonjg
Level 3: Thinker
  • 36 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

do 02 block voip ports? I have a strong feeling they do but I can't get anything about this out of 02 customer services. I've spent 20 minutes on the phone to cs and they say they have to raise this issue and it takes 5 days to get back to me. 5 days is a joke.

I'm using a voip/sip app on my android phone and it works fine when I'm connected to a wifi access point but when I'm using the data service from 02 I get no audio. I know the phone is connecting - I can tell from whats happening on the screen - but there is never any audio either way. I have a bit of experience with voip and this indicates the voice ports are not open. does anyone know if 02 do actually block these ports on its data service?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tonjg 

O2 block various ports for some unknown reason but you can never get any sense out of them over it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@tonjg 

I have MicroSip linked to AAISP  running on my Laptop with an o2 sim card, and when out and about it works just fine, and have VOIP on Sipnetic connected to the same on an Xperia Pro-I

Have you allowed the use of phone? I know that might be a daft question, or reinstalled the app, as I know I have to quite the app and reopen when switching from WiFi to Mobile Data..

What is the app you are using? And what ports is it trying to use?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

tonjg
Level 3: Thinker
  • 36 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

thanks for your response.

I'm using zoiper app on a samsung galaxy S8 phone.

what do you mean by 'allow use of phone'.? the device itself is a phone. I've tried exiting the app and reopening when roaming but its the same problem - no audio.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@tonjg 

There is an app permission to use the devices audio and microphone. 

Not used Zoiper in a long time but it should work the same. 

When roaming it is upto the local network in the country you are roaming in if they allow VOIP services. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5