Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Tracyj06
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve never upgraded before always took out a new contract. I’m a little confused when you’ve set up your new phone how long does it take for your number to transfer across to new phone or do I have to contact o2 to do this? Thanjs

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@Tracyj06 

You should be able to put your old sim card into the new phone and off you go.  If the sim card is a different size or is a 5G sim and you live in a 5G area then follow this guide to swap the sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@Tracyj06 

You should be able to put your old sim card into the new phone and off you go.  If the sim card is a different size or is a 5G sim and you live in a 5G area then follow this guide to swap the sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Tracyj06
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, I thought because they had sent me a new sim I had to put that one in and wait for the number to transfer. I’ve now put my sim in new phone and works so thank you 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23253 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3698 Solutions

@Tracyj06 Your old sim is most likely 4G, so if you want to avail yourself of the 5G service you'll still need to do a sim swap. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do the swap for you there and then. Be sure to bring photo ID with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4