Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA visit number query

JMC75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am visiting the USA in April. I have a data roaming package incase I need to use the phone whilst I'm there.

I will be meeting a long time friend out there, and I am wondering what number does he have to dial to contact me? My mobile number statrts with 07752, does he have to dial +44 7752, or is it +1 7752? Can anyone help please? Thanks.

JM

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7008 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

He need to use the +44.

Remember to make sure 4G Calling is enabled before you go

USA - Roaming with O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
  • 7008 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

He need to use the +44.

Remember to make sure 4G Calling is enabled before you go

USA - Roaming with O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

JMC75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Can I just check if I've got this right please? I am aware that if he needs to contact me right now (as I'm still in the UK) he needs to substitute the 0 for +44. I just need to be certain that when I arrive in the USA and my mobile switches to a US network, he still uses +44? The reason for my confusion is that someone told me that it should be a +1 instead of the +44? However, he wasn't certain. Which didn't help! Sorry to be a pain !

JM

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
  • 7008 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

No. the 44 is actually part of your Mobile number and goes with you, it does not change country by country.

He needs to use that.

Message 4 of 5

JMC75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for the reply and your patience.

Message 5 of 5