cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly, Transfer current number to another provider and transfer another number into O2 account

Ant67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an pay monthly O2 account that expires in November that  I use for my son who wants to move to another provider and keep his number.  I want to transfer my own existing number currently with Smarty to replace the number on my O2 account. Can I do this without 1. incurring penalties, 2. my son losing his number. I spoke to customer services and the advisor didn't really understand what I wanted to do.  How do I do this please?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6793 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Your son can get a PAC code and move.

However, that account will be closed down and you will need to start a new contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6793 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Your son can get a PAC code and move.

However, that account will be closed down and you will need to start a new contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Ant67 

Obtain PAC for your sons number Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

After the number has ported out, you need to apply for a new O2 contract, then get your PAC from Smarty (same process) and port it in to your new O2 contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

If you wait until November there will not be any additional charges, however, if you do it now, you will be billed for the device plan (if applicable) or until the end of the contract (November).

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3