Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG sim inactivated

aigles-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My PAYG sim with over £20 has been deactivated and I have also lost my phone number. This is a phone that I keep for emergencies and only use it sparingly and infrequently but I do need it as a spare back up phone. Are 02 allowed to deactivate a phone without any warning and especially if it is one that is kept by an elderly relative to use only in emergencies? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

As per the terms and conditions of pay and go, a chargeable call or a top up every six months is needed to keep the number active

If it's not too long since it became inactive and the number hasn't been re-allocated, a call to customer service should see the number re-activated and the credit returned to the phone 24 hours later

Number to call is at the foot of the page under 'contact us'.

Or you can use the social media links under this message and they should be able to help you with this

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

As per the terms and conditions of pay and go, a chargeable call or a top up every six months is needed to keep the number active

If it's not too long since it became inactive and the number hasn't been re-allocated, a call to customer service should see the number re-activated and the credit returned to the phone 24 hours later

Number to call is at the foot of the page under 'contact us'.

Or you can use the social media links under this message and they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 2