Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refusing to repair phone

Anon18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a replacement phone in January this year after i accidently dropped the phone. It was through o2 insurance and i paid the excess required.

The new phone has developed a fault. It keeps switching off by itself.  I have a protective cover on the back of the phone and took this off and noticed that the screen on one side had come away from the main body of the phone.

i phoned the insurance and was told that i would have to pay the excess which i am not willing to pay as i have not damaged the phone. After speaking to numerous people i was told that while it was not under warranty  for the insurance, it was under o2 warranty. I was then informed that I would still have to pay to have it repaired or replaced.  I found out that the insurance had reported that i told them that i had damaged the screen when taking my protective cover off. I never said this. I told them that the phone keeps switching off and that i took my own cover off and noticed the screen was away from the phone. I did not touch the screen. That is why o2 will not repair or change this under warranty. I took the phone into an o2 shop and explained about the phone and she said that it was a swollen battery and that it had blown the screen at one side.

how do i solve this.

also is this a dangerous thing

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anon18 

O2 have made a decision and I doubt they will budge on it. You can do two things

1) Make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

2) Take it into a mobile repair shop and ask for a price for repair.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anon18
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i will not accept that I have to pay for a repair when it is clear that the battery is faulty and not caused by myself.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anon18 

Then make a complaint or keep trying O2.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Anon18 wrote:

i will not accept that I have to pay for a repair when it is clear that the battery is faulty and not caused by myself.

You can go through complaints but have you got a spare phone to use in the meantime? The complaints process is slow 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anon18 

Why not contact the phone manufacturer directly and see if they can help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

I though you said it was unrepairable but then you said it was the battery.

That's a stock service item 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

Anon18
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The battery runs right down so cannot use the phone.  I took it into an o2 store yesterday to show them and they said the battery had swollen and had caused the screen on one side to separate from the main body of the phone.  It was a replacement phone and is only 3 months old. Repairs said it is still under warranty but the insurance reported that i had damaged the phone which is not the case.  It was working perfectly until two days ago

Message 8 of 10

Anon18
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took it to an apple store and they said it was a faulty battery.

they also enlightened me to the fact that this phone has had previous repairs and owners.  The last repair was in July 22. I only received this phone in January. Surely a battery should last more than 3 months.  I am assuming this battery was the same one used by the previous owners and I have been given a crap phone that has been lying about.

when i got that replacement in January through the insurance I was told i would receive a new phone.

i went into an o2 store and the phone was sent for repair.  It was also under warranty.

i had a text from o2 asking for proof of purchase but no email address or anything to sent it to. In total I have spoken to 26 people all of who could not care less and no further forward.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anon18 

Under the terms of the insurance, you can get a refurbished phone.

Even so, it will be warranted by O2 for 12 months from the time you received it (even if out of manufacturers warranty).

You need to go back to O2 with the report from Apple and push them to repair it or replace it again for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10