Did you mean: 

New to O2, ported number, can't make or receive calls, 4/5G drops a lot

Heathbicklet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Activated my new sim in my iphone 13 pro. Ported my number - transferred within the 24hour time slot. But it didn't show date 3/4/5G and couldn't make calls. A call to customer services fixed the G issues as something at O2 end hadn't been activated. Still unable to make calls (one week on) when connected to wi-fi won't allow normal phone calls. take wifi off and the G's and signal shows strong, call tries to connect but comes up call fail and the G's symbols drops off and no services at all. I have to use the airplane mode to kick it back in. O2 tell me its nothing at their end. On the odd occasion I mange to get a call to work - customer services for example, once the call is ended - service drops again as do the G's.

So I'm thinking it must be a handset problem. Trust me I have done all the normal troubling shooting: turn on / off, reset network, signed out of apple account, soft reset, hard reset. Mobile data setting is good. I have a red dot on the phone icon, so have voicemail messages stuck. My wallet has also malfunctioned and I've had to delete all in the wallet and add again. Anyone got any magic secret help?!!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Heathbicklet 

Any issues in your area? O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Heathbicklet
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Nope! It's nothing obvious - as in I've checked or O2 have checked all the regular network issues. Pretty sure its a handset issue 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Heathbicklet 

Have a chat with Apple https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ 

They can run diagnostics remotely or you can take it in store to be checked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

Heathbicklet
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks - they ran a hardwear check - nothing. Heaven knows what the issue is ........

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Heathbicklet 

The next step would be to get a new sim from O2 and see if that resolves the issue.

Yours may be faulty.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 7

Simnogood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

this is a common issue, to resolve it do as follows.

1. Remove the O2 sim

2. Replace it with one from a decent network.

Message 7 of 7