Did you mean: 

Lost iPhone Royal Mail

MrsG160
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help… I upgraded my phone with an iPhone 14 refurb. When it arrived it wasn’t completely cleared and was locked to someone’s old iTunes.  I tried to sort it out and it wouldn’t upgrade the iOS, meaning I couldn’t move my data/info to the new device.  I requested a refund online and packages it up and sent it via special delivery by 1pm the next day… Royal Mail seem to have lost it!! I could cry! I have raised a claim against them but waiting to hear. In the meantime I am paying for the new device I don’t have cause o2 sent me a faulty device I had to return it. I am so angry. I have been an o2 customer for 20+ years. Call centre is so hard to hear and they don’t seem to care! Not sure what I can do as it’s saying I still owe £731 for the device that was faulty and I don't have anymore 😩😤

anyone had similar? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36153 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@MrsG160 - 

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if yo can - on Facebook  (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) 

Twitter  (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW or 

Instagram  (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255, free from any phone or landline or via Guide: A Guide to Skype - best time to try calling is around 08:10am.

There should be a note of delivery time and signature on Royal Mail tracking too

1000010157.png

Signature and delivery confirmation

When we deliver your item we will collect a signature from the recipient or someone at their address. We will then update our online Track & Trace tool with details of the delivery date and time, providing a scan of the signature that you can view.

Go to Track & Trace

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@MrsG160 

O2 can do nothing at all about this as the issue is with Royal Mail.

You'll need to raise a claim against them and wait for them to pay you out or find the parcel and then you can clear your debt with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5943 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MrsG160 

As @pgn has suggested, checking the tracking here is absolutely critical, as it will determine whether Royal Mail or O2 have lost the handset. And depending on the outcome of that, who you are claiming against will be decided.  

Even if Royal Mail are culpable, I still think that you have a valid complaint against O2 for supplying you with a refurbished 'phone that was locked to someone else's account. But let's sort out whether or not the 'phone was delivered first.

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 4 of 4