Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It All Started With An Error 500...

ERROR_500
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I have been royally f*****d off by O2. I wanted to upgrade in December (2023) for the £10 off data+£300 off phone I wanted with a switch up plan that I wanted to upgrade to. Tried app (even uninstalling+re-installing app) various browsers online (including incognito mode and cleaning cookies/history/etc). Nothing.
Went into the store, they couldn't upgrade my account either as getting same error. They said they raised this issue and IT should resolve. Waited...nothing.
Called O2 for them to upgrade me on the phone, they were getting the same error. Got told would escalate again to IT, and they would call me back in a few hours when it was resolved. Got a call back but nothing was resolved. I waited a few days, called again-same thing. Upgrades team couldn't resolve so escalated it again and would call back-never got a call back again.
Waited a few more days, by this time the holidays have passed and only 1 day left for the £300 off new phone-missed out on the £10 off airtime deal. But would take the £300. They couldn't figure it out again, got passed around until 1 guy was seemingly helpful and said he made a note on my account for the deal as I tried to get it before it ran out, and would escalate the issue to IT and should take 3-5 days to fix and would e-mail me when fixed. Nothing.
Called today. Got passed around no less than 7 times to customer service, to upgrades, to retention, back to customer service I did try and explain the situation to each new person but was getting exhausting. One person said I should try to just take out a new contract and close my other account since my phone only has £2.00 left to pay off, and would be included in my final bill. Handed me to new sales team-was told no deals would be available and tried to get me on a different phone than I wanted. He wasn't listening to me, I was trying to be patient but WAS VERY DIFFFICULT by this stage. I explained to him the issue and he put be on hold again then tried to pass me back to customer service...where I had to explain AGAIN my issue...she said they couldn't do anything but the upgrades team would be able to help....I finally told her no. DO NOT send me to upgrades. IT WON'T WORK. I need IT to fix my account issue as internal issue. Placed me back on hold then....BACK TO UPGRADES. I finally asked to speak with a manager, or someone higher up as now I was getting *bleep*. This whole time I have held in my frustrations and now I just couldn't any longer. I was told speaking with a manager (even a call back from higher up) wouldn't be possible. WTF?!
So...after 2 hours on the phone, being on hold and passed around-it ended with no possibility of resolving the issue and was denied speaking with a manager. OKAY...I told them I would like all my calls transcribed and a written copy sent to me under GDPR. I tell them I want to cancel my plan now and get all my calls transcribed as I am going to make a complaint and escalate to ombudsman. Placed on hold for another 10 minutes....NOTHING. My plan is still active and the guy on the other end of the phone had no idea how to request my data. So I am stuck still with NO RESOLUTION. I AM AT MY WITTS END!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OFF THIS LEDGE! I have no Idea what else I can do.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Gosh terrible @ERROR_500 

If you really want to contact O2 customer services again😱

What about

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

This may not be the answer of course with o2 CS

You can cancel your contract read carefully 

Here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Look around 

Good luck 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 10

Rita55
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same issue passed from pillow to post .My contract runs out in 6 weeks I cannot wait for it to expire after 20 years with  02 .I am switching to Vodafone 

Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Rita55 wrote:

I have same issue passed from pillow to post .My contract runs out in 6 weeks I cannot wait for it to expire after 20 years with  02 .I am switching to Vodafone 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract has info you need, @Rita55 

Message 4 of 10

Swedishmike
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve had the same , it’s impossible, keep being told I’m lost 

Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@ERROR_500 

There is currently an eight week turnaround time for complaints, but given your account of your dealings with O2, I think that a complaint is your only option :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I suggest that you use Resolver - see the first link please. 

Copied for the information of @Rita55 and @Swedishmike   

Message 6 of 10

Rita55
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you .I will do that 

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

OK @Rita55, good luck and please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 8 of 10

Martin_mou
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I commend you for going through all that, I've been having the same issue for the past month and it doesn't seem like O2 cares all that much, so I'll be following suite and cancelling my contract 

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Martin_mou 

This might help you :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 10 of 10