Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call error

Mummylegs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I and my family have been with O2 for around 20 years and on Thursday I accidentally phoned my son using my mobile network rather than my usual WhatsApp. I was distraught when I realised my error and discovered that I have been billed over £126. I have spoken to 3 people at O2 snd, while I do not expect O2 to foot the bill for my error, I was hoping that being such a loyal customer would mean they would give me a discount of some kind. Instead I receive nothing - I cannot tell you how disappointed I am. My contract ends early 2024 and I seriously doubt I will stay with O2

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

People have an idea of loyalty, that may be something for Mrs Jones that runs the corner shop where you occasionally shop and your parents before you, but it is not something that can be applied to large capitalists conglomerates. It's a pure business transaction where you agree to pay them for X amount for a time and they agree to supply a service.

The idea of loyalty went a long time ago.

Changing networks won't change that and when you leave you will be replaced by somebody else, probably paying more.

In the end it is always the customer the loses

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mummylegs 

You might want to consider contacting O2's complaints' team :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

I would suggest that you express disappointment at them refusing to give you a discount, and request that as a gesture of goodwill given your loyalty over 20 years, that they consider applying an ex-gratia credit to your account. 

It might not get you anywhere, but it's worth a try !   

Message 3 of 3