Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity fraud where O2 will not help or respond

JamesJohnson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I reported to O2 in October 2023 that I have been a victim of identity theft, where someone has set up a fraudulent account with O2. I was told that they would look into it and get back to me within 30 days. After several emails and phone calls I am still in the same position 6 months later. 

About a month ago I spoke to someone who actually gave me a fraud case ticket number. Today I phoned for an update where they couldn’t find the ticket number, account number or phone number. They then cut me off. I tried again to which the exact same happened. After calming down I tried for a third time and yet again the same happened. 

O2’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced, where you get no help or information. 

As O2 have not sorted out my issue and the fraudulent activity is still on my credit report, I have now had my credit card removed from me and I am now concerned about my mortgage.

O2 you should be ashamed and this is not acceptable. I feel completely stranded and lost as to what to do or who to turn to. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@JamesJohnson This is not O2. This is a customer community. O2 doesn't monitor this site.

I can only suggest you lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5802 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JamesJohnson

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

If you want to learn more, you can search last Autumn's postings on this community. O2 and the scale of fraud against them were featured in several national newspaper articles and on one national television programme.  

I would keep pushing O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you. Please log a complaint as @Bambino has suggested. 

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 3 of 3