Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you alter account holder

Frustrated74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • Does anyone have a clue how you change the name on an account?

the account is in my name as my son was under 18 but he’s now going to be paying the bill - but it wouldn’t let me change bank details to his name 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You can change the account details (sort code and account number) but not the name on the account @Frustrated74 

Ideally he would sign up for his own deal (ie, take out a contract in his name) then you can close the one in your name and transfer the number across.

If that is not possible (balance on phone still), then just change the bank details as above.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You can change the account details (sort code and account number) but not the name on the account @Frustrated74 

Ideally he would sign up for his own deal (ie, take out a contract in his name) then you can close the one in your name and transfer the number across.

If that is not possible (balance on phone still), then just change the bank details as above.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23103 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Frustrated74 To add to the good advice from @gmarkj, your son would have to pass a credit check in order for him to take a contract in his own name, so if he hasn't built his credit up yet, just change the account details to enable him to pay the bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Frustrated74
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the updates - O2 pages seemed to indicate the bank account needed to match the O2 account name - is this not the case?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27681 Solutions

@Frustrated74 

No, not at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5