Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to have a sim contract to be able to have a virgin media package

ADE01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been forced to have a sim contract with o2 just to enable me to have a certain package with Virgin media, even though I shall cut the sim up and throw it away and just pay the £5 monthly fee (we already have brilliant contracts with EE). After agreeing to have this sim contract I set up a direct debit so I wouldn’t have to bother remembering to pay…only to find a message/email from o2 saying it has been cancelled and changed so I have to pay online…trying to set up a debit debit again online and constantly being bounced from pillar to post via chat bots! Can’t actually get to converse with a real person! Not impressed at all and less than 24 hrs as a customer 🤬🤬🤬

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36793 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

Sounds like you need to be aware of the terms and conditions for Volt, all explained here: Volt Megaguide 

Volt gives customers of both O2 and VM extra benefits, but you should not have had to buy a phone to get a speed boost on VM, just pay a slightly higher monthly amount.  

Note also your O2 SIM will have come with a contract, that will continue in perpetuity unless you choose to cancel it Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

You really need to get in touch with O2 about the SIM, as you can still return it if in your 14-day cooling-off period, and with VM to get your data sorted to the level you desire *without* having to take on an unwanted (That's VM's pressure selling technique at play again!) O2 Contract.  Social Media contacts for both companies at the link just below, @ADE01 - and for VM, you have the number 0345 454 1111 to talk to them. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2