Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Breach

Astro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 the company that keeps on giving….i have waited for a reply ….

On July 19th 2023 at 15.47pm my data was breached, by someone calling o2 claiming to be me ..no process of identification was taken. O2 gave the 3rd party my address my bill history and my new telephone number that I was only issued a week before that was the reason I changed 

o2 admitted the breach and agreed to send me details of the so called person along with the call details …

They confirmed they listened to the call and admitted the breach but now 

Four months on they cannot find the call….

To add to the negligence they also emailed me that they couldnt as I wasn’t the person on the call..but happy to give out my address new number and bill history …is this a case for the ombudsman?

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, as you are not the person on the call, we are unable to release the recording to you.

If you have concerns over the security of your account, we advise you to raise this with Customer Services on 202 from an O2 mobile or 0344 809 0202 from a landline.

We are sorry we can’t help you further.

Kind Regards,

SAR Team

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144903 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Astro 

Complaints first then if no resolution, you can take it to the Ombudsman.

Use Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have gone through resolver and no response in 2 weeks …tbh with the o2 experience I have encountered it’s par for the course …hoping it goes away I presume 

thank you for your reply 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144903 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Astro 

You need to wait 8 weeks before requesting a letter of deadlock.

Detailed in the code of practice.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I’ve been waiting since 19th July 2023….but all that happens is false promises followed by lies 

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6255 Posts
  • 108 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Astro 

You have said that your data was breached on 19 July 2023. 

The eight week period to which @MI5 has made reference does not run from that date but from the date that you submitted your complaint :-

"If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer". 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144903 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Astro 

The code of conduct I posted above contains all the details you need regarding timelines and escalation.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7