MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Grandson2021 

Only if it's still you.

How do I change my name?

We’ve made it easier for you to change your name on your account. Now you can upload your documents in My O2 so that we can verify the name changes.

Get started by signing into My O2 and select ‘Manage details’ – we’ll send you a one-time access code to your device so you can view and edit your details.

To change your name, select ‘Edit your name’, then enter your new name and upload one of the following documents directly into your My O2 account:

• Marriage certificate
  • Certificate of civil partnership
  • Deed poll
  • Reissued birth certificate showing your old and new name (only in Scotland)

You can then submit the change, and we’ll check your documentation. If everything’s correct, your name will be updated. If you have any issues with requesting a name change, please get in touch.

Otherwise the new person will need to get a new account in their name and pass the credit checks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Grandson2021 

Only if it's still you.

How do I change my name?

We’ve made it easier for you to change your name on your account. Now you can upload your documents in My O2 so that we can verify the name changes.

Get started by signing into My O2 and select ‘Manage details’ – we’ll send you a one-time access code to your device so you can view and edit your details.

To change your name, select ‘Edit your name’, then enter your new name and upload one of the following documents directly into your My O2 account:

• Marriage certificate
  • Certificate of civil partnership
  • Deed poll
  • Reissued birth certificate showing your old and new name (only in Scotland)

You can then submit the change, and we’ll check your documentation. If everything’s correct, your name will be updated. If you have any issues with requesting a name change, please get in touch.

Otherwise the new person will need to get a new account in their name and pass the credit checks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2