Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access card

Music22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,yes I called 02 glasgow academy and got through to speak to someone no problem ,asked them about access sitting.
Explained I had Access card, they said there would be no problem being put up on wheelchair platform.
All I had to do was buy a regular ticket, then call them back to arrange what I needed,and infact having access card would be enough prove for them,just show it as I enter and I will be shown to platform.
So I have bought standard ticket as explained to do,then call them back about what I just explained.
Today,no busy tone,or high call rates etc, just exactly same as yesterday,but can't get speak with anyone now???
Wasnt told,lines busy,or call back...just now cuts me off,whereas I quite easily spoke to a person yesterday.
Please nothing done differently, even had number on call log from yesterday...even tried calling from that(even though it's exactly same number.
As Ive said,no busy tone or message,just cut off. Why???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Music22 

Today will be a busy day as tickets go on pre sale.

There's no immediate rush for you to call so I would wait until later today or tomorrow.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Music22
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok,I'll do that,just confused that no line busy or were having high influx of calls,to call back etc....even on access line,it says nothing.
So bit worried I won't get on platform now...though they said I would do just by showing my access card,as .member of staff will show me over to platform area of venue.
Seems strange,as esp access line you would say,high volume of calls because of general tickets go on sale today...but no explaion ehar sovevet.
So now I am that joģ
Message 3 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Music22 have you managed to get in contact with the venue about your seating requirements? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Music22
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
actually I had some contact via twitter dm...
I was told to try agsin,there's only so many times you can try if no one answers.
But,during writing out the email,I got a phone call from Ticketmaster whom I had to buy ticket from,then asked to contact 02 to sort out seating.
But,when I mentioned I have an Access card...thats when I was told, 02 academies across the board now accept Access card as entrance,without the need for further info,etc.
I got a call out of the blue,from Ticketmaster, seeing I was having concerns...and explained (again,actually spoke to long,fell unwell now).
She said she will call me back to I'm hoping sort it all out...they said they were going to call back about the matter,although never said to sort it out ,just would call back about the matter.
As I had also sent info,documents etc to them as well...had to wait,but got an email after few days accepting me on to their disability list.
So,was also confused that had already done this with ticketmaster and accepted by them,
And told Access card was all that was needed of proof for 02 academy,
But I was emailing them as I got email from them sending out form I needed to fill in,which is exactly opposite of what I'd been told
And had bought my ticket via Ticketmaster,so unpleasantly surprised when they phoned(as was having lot of trouble via ticketmaster also over disability seating for Kings Of Leon concert. So to say it was fustrating is an understatement to say the least).
In email from 02 academy, when they were sending for info, it said,platform(access /disability seats) was open to those who are able bodied customers,so couldn't say if I could get on or if I'd get a seat.
Seriously,that's the whole point of getting in touch,what's point of having access/disabilty platform/area for this sort of seating if anyone can stand there,and couldn't if I'd get seat...or what's point in it and then it meant I was just ordinary ticket buyer and would be made to stand. Which I cannot do,and I'd bought ticket after told I'd be in disabilty area and my Access card was enough to show,which is as it should be,it should be streamlined for exactly a card such as this,esp when had to give relevant info and documents to be accepted for a card. That's prove that you are impaired in a way that affects your life,my mobility is very unsteady for a start,and that you need help to attend and enjoy a concert. Why go through it time and again.
I'm only hoping,after their explaination of disability seating,sounds like they are talking about the balcony at back of hall...where non disabled ppl frequent and there is no guarantee of a needed seat, included being jostled during concert,which is needed to be avoided ,as already unsteady on feet,and the fear of falling is so scary....so it is possible to have clear view of show show in safe environment.
I might as well have not bothered. And only bought ticket in first place after getting in touch first to see what they could do.
Anyway,at this moment,got call from Ticketmaster,and have said they will call me back thurs(That's my day I asked them to call,as nxt two days are not poss for me).
So,I'm worried to hold my breath over everything. But fingers crossed and will let you know what happened.
Thank you for taking time to get in touch,I really appreciate it....
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @Music22. Let me know how you get on with Ticket Master tomorrow and if things are still not clear let me know and I'll pick this up for you and hopefully get things clarified. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6