Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Adam94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just noticed if you try and add a data plan to Apple Watch. You not longer get the not supported by your carrier message. Takes you to an o2 page saying not supporter that’s why there are no plans available.

Must be coming soonish....Hopefully!
Message 451 of 461

Madrajin
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please support the Apple Watch

So I'm 6 months into my EE contract and I hate the network. The signal is terrible and I can't make calls in my own house.

I used O2 with iPhones for a very long time. I switched networks because you did not offer Apple Watch support, at this point I'd pay to exit my EE contract early and switch back if you supported the Apple Watch.

It's annoying when my O2 iPad is still better for voice chat in my house than the EE iPhone, but both iPhone and Apple Watch need to be on the same network for them to work together.

Message 452 of 461

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Good news everyone! The Apple Watch Series 4 is now available with O2! 

You can read all about it here wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 453 of 461

MrX911
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any news on eSIM for iPhone Xs Max

It was also advised as H1 2019?
Message 454 of 461

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MrX911 wrote:
Any news on eSIM for iPhone Xs Max

It was also advised as H1 2019?

We had only ever mentioned eSim arriving in the first half of 2019, but not for any specific device - my apologies if you were led to believe otherwise though.

We will range more eSIM enabled devices on our network in the future though, but can’t share any further detail at this stage as we're working to ensure that O2 customers have the best possible eSim experience.

We launched our first eSim enabled device, the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 in 2016. We have used insight from that to build our Apple Watch launch, and will continue to apply this customer led approach to our eSim strategy and roll out.

As and when more eSIM enabled devices are supported, we'll let customers know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 455 of 461

MrX911
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats a shame but thanks for the update. 

Message 456 of 461

JimSlip
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to bring my own cellular Apple Watch s4 that I bought from Apple to o2 but apparently I can not.

Apparently after speaking with a o2 advisor you can only use a Apple Watch if you buy it directly from o2?
Message 457 of 461

Starlir
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not so. If you look (Sorry can’t remember where) is a link for if you already have an Apple Watch and you can get the same plan of 6 months free and then £5 per month thereafter. Worked well for me on ios12 but the upgrade to ios13 Beta breaks it. Suspect a subsequent beta release will sort the problem out.
Message 458 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never use beta software on new devices especially if you don’t know what you are doing or don’t want it broken as you can have problems trying to roll back
Message 459 of 461

Starlir
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do know what I’m doing and I offer the comment to those who might be thinking about trying the beta. I have been on Apple beta programs, iOS and Mac OS, for 8 years. The important thing is that the O2 advisor is wrong.
Message 460 of 461