Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 1: Joiner

Re: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Just noticed if you try and add a data plan to Apple Watch. You not longer get the not supported by your carrier message. Takes you to an o2 page saying not supporter that’s why there are no plans available.

Must be coming soonish....Hopefully!

Apple Watch support

Please support the Apple Watch

So I'm 6 months into my EE contract and I hate the network. The signal is terrible and I can't make calls in my own house.

I used O2 with iPhones for a very long time. I switched networks because you did not offer Apple Watch support, at this point I'd pay to exit my EE contract early and switch back if you supported the Apple Watch.

It's annoying when my O2 iPad is still better for voice chat in my house than the EE iPhone, but both iPhone and Apple Watch need to be on the same network for them to work together.

Community Manager

Re: Apple Watch support

Good news everyone! The Apple Watch Series 4 is now available with O2! 

You can read all about it here wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

Any news on eSIM for iPhone Xs Max

It was also advised as H1 2019?
O2 Social Media Team

@MrX911 wrote:
Any news on eSIM for iPhone Xs Max

It was also advised as H1 2019?

We had only ever mentioned eSim arriving in the first half of 2019, but not for any specific device - my apologies if you were led to believe otherwise though.

We will range more eSIM enabled devices on our network in the future though, but can’t share any further detail at this stage as we're working to ensure that O2 customers have the best possible eSim experience.

We launched our first eSim enabled device, the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 in 2016. We have used insight from that to build our Apple Watch launch, and will continue to apply this customer led approach to our eSim strategy and roll out.

As and when more eSIM enabled devices are supported, we'll let customers know.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Level 2: Apprentice

Thats a shame but thanks for the update. 

I want to bring my own cellular Apple Watch s4 that I bought from Apple to o2 but apparently I can not.

Apparently after speaking with a o2 advisor you can only use a Apple Watch if you buy it directly from o2?

Not so. If you look (Sorry can’t remember where) is a link for if you already have an Apple Watch and you can get the same plan of 6 months free and then £5 per month thereafter. Worked well for me on ios12 but the upgrade to ios13 Beta breaks it. Suspect a subsequent beta release will sort the problem out.
Anonymous

Never use beta software on new devices especially if you don’t know what you are doing or don’t want it broken as you can have problems trying to roll back
Highlighted

I do know what I’m doing and I offer the comment to those who might be thinking about trying the beta. I have been on Apple beta programs, iOS and Mac OS, for 8 years. The important thing is that the O2 advisor is wrong.