Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I do like the idea of having "dual sim", ie, for business / personal.

If Apples solution is one esim + one physical sim, then I do vote for the esim technology to be introduced sooner rather than later.......please wink

But, why not just have all the iPhone's as the China spec with two sim slots.

Message 401 of 461

Salem874
  • 42 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UK Mail really are terrible, i dont see why O2 are still with them..

Message 402 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salem874 wrote:

UK Mail really are terrible, i dont see why O2 are still with them..

Cheap contract innit 

Message 403 of 461

danco
Level 3: Thinker
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Iwas toying with the idea of an XS (Max). Toying, because I don't need it but could afford it.

I ended up (I previously had a Motorola G4) with a second-hand iPhone 7 Plus, bought from someone reliable.

I was in an Apple Store today, and took a look at the XS. THe XS Max is actually slightly smaller than the 7Plus in width and height, so slightly thicker, I think. The text on XS Max is definitely clearer than on the 7 Plus. However, the guy I was chatting to at the store reckoned that there was no great point in changing.

As I posted in another thread, iOS 12 works VERY nicely with various password managers (I use 1Password). No need to switch into the password manager, autofill can pull the password from the manager.

Message 404 of 461

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Good afternoon everyone...

Just a reminder the iPhone XR goes on pre-order tomorrow morning.

If you've been holding out for the iPhone XR, see below for some great reasons/reminders to upgrade to it from an older iPhone.

• It has a larger display (6.1” vs 4.7” for the iPhone 8 or 5.5” for the iPhone 7 Plus)
  • It has a Liquid Retina HD display, the most advanced LCD display in the industry
  • It has an edge-to-edge display, unlike the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 Plus
  • It has improved battery life - an additional 1.5 hours on top of the iPhone 8 Plus
  • It has improved talk time - up to 25 hours vs 14 hours on the iPhone 8
  • It has internet use time - up to 15 hours vs 12 hours on the iPhone 8
  • It can be charged wirelessly unlike the iPhone 7 Plus and earlier models
Remember you can pre-order online, in-store and over the phone. If you pre-order, feel free to let us know on this thread what made you take the plunge, and what feature(s) you're looking forward to most. And when the beauty arrives, we'd love to see your unbox photos.

Message 405 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not sure I agree with the display description, but I'm sure it's very nice and a few are holding out for this model
Message 406 of 461

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Not sure I agree with the display description, but I'm sure it's very nice and a few are holding out for this model

For anyone in any doubt, Apple have more info to back up why it claims the iPhone XR has the most advanced phone LCD display in the industry slight_smile

Message 407 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The most accurate, ok I'll give them that, but most advanced? No, I mean all power to those that look towards XR as a better alternative than XS for them, but I remember lots of tech sites bashing manufacturers 3 years ago for only putting 720p displays in 5" mid range £399 devices. Now it's all good? To go 828p on a 6" device that costs a hell of a lot more? I genuinely think Apple did themselves a disservice here.
But, it's a nice looking device and will tick many users boxes I'm sure.
Message 408 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable
The blue appeals to me but I will wait until next year
Message 409 of 461

Jamas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered iPhone XS Max with "Click and Collect" last week. I have not received any information about collecting my phone yet. I am quite disappointed. I thought, would be able to pick up my phone this week 😞

Second thing. I chose to recycle my old/current phone iPhone X

"Thanks for recycling your device with us. We’ll now send you a jiffy bag with instructions on how to send us your device. We’ll include a cardboard box too, which you can pop your device in to protect it while it’s in the post. Before you send us your device, remember to remove any sim or SD cards. Make sure you get rid of any sensitive information as well."

There is more than the week, and still, I have not received any jiffy bag from o2. 

Message 410 of 461