Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 668

Re: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

@jonsie wrote:

My God, it could be anywhere now. You need to chase O2, it's their responsibility to supply you with the phone you purchased from them. It's not up to you to chase DPD, O2 need to do this.

Yes most suspicious. I had two parcels delivered from DPD today. Birmingham depot. Neither of them were phone sized though...rolling eyes

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

I’m betting the delivery driver had it away with your phone
Topics: 75

I'm betting it's already been sold on the bay

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Topics: 124
Kudos: 235
Blog Posts: 1

I would consider sales just after the day of release as suspicious.
Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

[ Edited ]

@kilbysan wrote:

Hi all,

<snip> 

So how do you add a carrier to the esim.?

The eSIM functionality is not yet enabled in iOS, it will be available in a future release of iOS later this year. So, even if EE and O2 supported eSIM today, you still couldn't use it in your iPhone XS. 

Check this - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044 specifically under "What you'll need:

• A iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max with an update to iOS 12 coming later this year"
Level 2: Apprentice

Like others on here, voting with my feet and after 25+ years with o2 (since the Cellnet days) I'm off to EE

All I want os for o2 to catch up.

They wew once first or fast to market.  EE have had the Apple Watch support for a year now and I've always wanted dual sim.

02 say they are working hard to enable in the first half of 2019.  Not prepared to wait or rosk that they actually deliver on time. 

Get with the times o2

Level 20: Radiant

But the XS doesnt support the esim (dual sim) until an update later this year / early 2019 so not sure why you'd jump ship for somat that wont work for upto 6mths.,
--

Samsung S10 128Gb, OnePlus 7 Pro, BlackBerry Key2, Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
Level 2: Apprentice

[ Edited ]

I don't believe o2 will delivering the first half of 2019, and also because I want my Apple Watch on cellular.

I purchased a series 3 watch a year ago and o2 said they were looking into supporting new products all the time but still dont support it. They are now saying the same thing with the Series 4.

At least by going to EE I can have my watch working NOW and when apple launch esim capablity EE (and Voda for that matter) are already compatible and have the tech, whereas o2 are likely to be saying not yet.

Was a big fan of o2 and I do like them, they were the only ones that had visual voicemail when the original iphone was launched and always seemed ahead of the others. Now they are constantly playing catch up.

We were forced to use the terrible TuGO app for years whilst others had proper Wifi calling. 2 years later and o2 caught up. Not taking that risk any more. 

Topics: 75

@MrX911 wrote:

when the original iphone was launched and always seemed ahead of the others. Now they are constantly playing catch up.

See!, O2 and Apple are made for each other.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Level 1: Joiner

Customer for 17 years and I am actually going to leave the network now.

Sad time but I can't wait for the apple watch anymore!!

You have had a year 02- very dissappointing