Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My God, it could be anywhere now. You need to chase O2, it's their responsibility to supply you with the phone you purchased from them. It's not up to you to chase DPD, O2 need to do this.

Yes most suspicious. I had two parcels delivered from DPD today. Birmingham depot. Neither of them were phone sized though...rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 371 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m betting the delivery driver had it away with your phone
Message 372 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'm betting it's already been sold on the bay
Message 373 of 461

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I would consider sales just after the day of release as suspicious.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 374 of 461

Grandad
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@kilbysan wrote:

Hi all,

<snip> 

So how do you add a carrier to the esim.?

The eSIM functionality is not yet enabled in iOS, it will be available in a future release of iOS later this year. So, even if EE and O2 supported eSIM today, you still couldn't use it in your iPhone XS. 

Check this - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044 specifically under "What you'll need:

• A iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max with an update to iOS 12 coming later this year"
Message 375 of 461

MrX911
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like others on here, voting with my feet and after 25+ years with o2 (since the Cellnet days) I'm off to EE

All I want os for o2 to catch up.

They wew once first or fast to market.  EE have had the Apple Watch support for a year now and I've always wanted dual sim.

02 say they are working hard to enable in the first half of 2019.  Not prepared to wait or rosk that they actually deliver on time. 

Get with the times o2

Message 376 of 461

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
But the XS doesnt support the esim (dual sim) until an update later this year / early 2019 so not sure why you'd jump ship for somat that wont work for upto 6mths.,
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 377 of 461

MrX911
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't believe o2 will delivering the first half of 2019, and also because I want my Apple Watch on cellular.

I purchased a series 3 watch a year ago and o2 said they were looking into supporting new products all the time but still dont support it. They are now saying the same thing with the Series 4.

At least by going to EE I can have my watch working NOW and when apple launch esim capablity EE (and Voda for that matter) are already compatible and have the tech, whereas o2 are likely to be saying not yet.

Was a big fan of o2 and I do like them, they were the only ones that had visual voicemail when the original iphone was launched and always seemed ahead of the others. Now they are constantly playing catch up.

We were forced to use the terrible TuGO app for years whilst others had proper Wifi calling. 2 years later and o2 caught up. Not taking that risk any more. 

Message 378 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@MrX911 wrote:

when the original iphone was launched and always seemed ahead of the others. Now they are constantly playing catch up.

See!, O2 and Apple are made for each other.

Message 379 of 461

Adam2001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Customer for 17 years and I am actually going to leave the network now.

Sad time but I can't wait for the apple watch anymore!!

You have had a year 02- very dissappointing

Message 380 of 461