Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Anonymous

Re: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

@Jackmw14 wrote:

I’m in Essex my watch and phone are both coming with DPD, with two different drivers 🤷🏼‍♂️ Watch is coming 15:46-16:46 phone is coming 16:16-17:16 

How rich are you!!!

Level 1: Joiner

I went to EE this morning to find out about moving to their eSIM option. They are also not ready to provide eSIM support yet, apparently still a few weeks away. That might be the standard 'come back in two weeks' reply, only time will tell. For now my O2 SIM is happily sitting in the physical SIM slot, but I am very eager to free that up for a second SIM to provide 3G/4G data overseas.

The race is on - will O2 surprise us all and support eSIM in the next few weeks? Even to set it up manually for a group of beta testers? Unlikely, as I guess they'll want to support other consumer eSIM devices and Apple Watch all at the same time, but I'd happily stay with O2 if they did! : )

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Grandad wrote:

I went to EE this morning to find out about moving to their eSIM option. They are also not ready to provide eSIM support yet, apparently still a few weeks away. That might be the standard 'come back in two weeks' reply, only time will tell. For now my O2 SIM is happily sitting in the physical SIM slot, but I am very eager to free that up for a second SIM to provide 3G/4G data overseas.

The race is on - will O2 surprise us all and support eSIM in the next few weeks? Even to set it up manually for a group of beta testers? Unlikely, as I guess they'll want to support other consumer eSIM devices and Apple Watch all at the same time, but I'd happily stay with O2 if they did! : )

I hope you’re not holding your breath!! 

Topics: 108
Kudos: 1,689

@Grandad wrote:

I very much doubt it will happen 

iPhone XR 64GB

My XS Max has made it! Hope you all enjoy your phones today good luck!!! Smiley Happy

Mine has arrived not long ago, I’m out

My Apple Watch series 4 turned up this morning and then literally 5 mins later my phone turned up. I’m at work till 8 so I won’t bother setting them up tonight, will wait till tomorrow!
Level 10: Inspirational

It's Apple who have held back eSim support on the iPhones, but it will be released in a future iOS update.

ewan

Topics: 123
Kudos: 232
Blog Posts: 1

Makes sense. Like releasing 5g at the moment would be counterproductive and likely to cause them public relation problems.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.

Had mine at 10.30am iPhone Xs max 64gb in gold really happy with it I am in South Wales xx