Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Sprozzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is going to be a quick answer I'm sure.  But has anyone's status changed at all about delivery?  Just that if you ordered with Apple, then statuses are already showing as Awaiting dispatch, and I've seen that with my own eyes...

Message 121 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But Apple have their own system and own notifications so is completely different and irrelevant to o2's ordering status.
The only update you'll get on O2 is "dispatched" then "completed"
Message 122 of 461

Sprozzy
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK so theoretically, you were the 1st person to order the phone at say 07:25 on the 14th  and it states 'Delivery from the 21st September'.  You cant get the phone delivered to a work address (tried and O2 wouldnt do this only to my home address) so need to get it delivered.  There are people that have to work, so is it a lottery that i take the day off and expect delivery, or sit and work get home and they have tried to deliver it.

Surely they have been processing the orders since the 14th, so should (again theoretically) know when the phones are to be delivered.

I know O2 arent as good at communication as Apple, but cant we the clients, get more information.

Last year people were calling up, and the agants were telling people it was getting delivered, when in fact they had no idea.  

I'd just like a bit more time so i can then agree what i will be doing on Friday.

Message 123 of 461

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I get my handsets sent to my nearest o2 branch and pick it up when notified by text & earliest convenience.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 124 of 461

DB2018
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As somebody that has ordered pretty much on launch day every year including last year, the way in which the release month has changed this time, leaves me and I imagine a lot of people out of sync with the release schedule.

The whole point of doing the iPhone refresh tariff was to be able to upgrade when the new device comes out. I realise O2 are at the hands of Apple on release dates but do are O2 going to do anything to amend the date people can upgrade from?

The t&c's are clear on when you can upgrade, I get that, but for me, If Apple now keeps to a September release I will always be a month out.

If O2 don't look at something to rectify this I would probably look at leaving o2 after 20+ years and go on the Apple iPhone program instead.

Message 125 of 461

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you are on refresh, you can recycle at anytime to pay off the device plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 126 of 461

DB2018
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, but there is around £100 difference in the recycle value compared to what is left on the device plan.

Message 127 of 461

SaintRC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would a 22-23 month plan on their custom plan get round that?

Not that o2 deserve defending in any sense, they always handle these yearly pre-orders awfully - just trying to help you out.

Message 128 of 461

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ah, I see. Strange for an iPhone.
Will CEX not offer you any more money?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 129 of 461

SaintRC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Going from previous years - tracking can show 1-2 days before release date within my o2.

o2 likely receive the stock themselves on the Thursday and then dispatch that evening for delivery on the Friday. As long as you're one of the lucky ones that is...

Last year mine was updated about 10PM and came the next day.

Doesnt help with booking off work at that late of a stage though!
Message 130 of 461