Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Jimmyb79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried to preorder an XS Max as my Refresh tariff shows I can upgrade now at no cost, but when I try it just tells me I still owe half the phone value.
Apparently because I picked up my iPhone 8 on release day last year, I can’t actually order the new phone until the 21st, so cant actually preorder it even though I’ll be well past the refresh 12 months by release day.
I suspect chances of finding a phone in store will be slim for a few weeks so feel like we’re being penalised for being loyal.
I’m thinking i’ll Just go onto the Apple yearly plan.
Message 101 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there is some fees left to pay then pay off your device plan then you are free to upgrade & pre order the new device
Message 102 of 461

Hutch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Placed a pre order for Iphone Xs last night to collect in store on Friday, had a host of credit agreement emails through but still nothing to confirm that the order has gone through? They have taken the upfront payment from my account, does this mean order has gone through or what should I do? Im collecting from Stirling but only there for a day then wont be back for ages so need to make sure I get it on the day

Message 103 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Hutch did you tick the boxes in the emails to accept the contract & device? They may still be performing credit checks too

Message 104 of 461

Hutch
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cant see any boxes to tick in the emails, where are they located at normaly? I got the "thank you for your order" webpage and an order number but thats it

Message 105 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be some boxes to tick to accept at the bottom of the pages I think but if you have an order number then it should be ok. Call customer service to make sure if you are worried

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 106 of 461

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@anticipated
I too would think I like to have the high end stuff, and for years have stuck with Android because, and I hate to say this over and over, but Apples innovation died with Jobs.
Since then Jony I've has made pretty much 2 designs out of 10 devices, and nothing has stood out as new or innovative, and theres limits, oh so many apple loyalists have switched as they see their limits reached, even some of the most die hard, day one buying, apple defending members of this forums past, now own Galaxy devices.
I did note though, that watching the keynote I did actually find the Series 4 watch a major leap in innovation, so credit to them there, that thing is immense, I just find the whole iPhone thing.. laughable tbh.
O2 will charge £1,600+ for the highest end iPhone, £1,600!
For something that barely and I mean barely meets 2017 tech standards.
It's pretty easy to see how apple became a trillion dollar company with the margins they must be making on each handset bought by parents of teenagers that must have the fastest animated poo,
They could have been so, so much more, now they're just a cash cow milking machine.
My genuine advice to anyone looking to get iPhones this year and are on iPhone 7 or below, get last years X, itll be much cheaper in a few weeks even to the point it might actually be cheaper than the "budget" XR yet be a far better device.
Message 107 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, I’m looking forward to installing iOS 12 on my iPhone 7 on Monday after previously testing the beta on my old iPhone. Although iOS could do with a fresh new design look I admit as it’s been the same look for the past 5-6 years now & needs a change 

Message 108 of 461

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I think they can only leave the money as pending and take it once you receive the new phone.

The rules about financial regulation have tightened up.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 109 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

My genuine advice to anyone looking to get iPhones this year and are on iPhone 7 or below, get last years X, itll be much cheaper in a few weeks even to the point it might actually be cheaper than the "budget" XR yet be a far better device.

I think you’ll struggle to find one though, as it’s no longer available to buy from Apple. There might be one or two retailers who are still selling it, but I’m sure that situation will change once the XS becomes more readily available. 

Message 110 of 461