Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
In a way it's whether they provision it or not. Although the LG I have is capable technically able to 4g call I can't under o2. Which dismays me a bit.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 61 of 461

Grandad
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Trapdoor wrote:

Re. eSim, what determines whether eSim is available?

Scenario. I buy a sim free Xs from Apple and fit my physical O2 SIM in the phone. O2 doesn’t support eSim, fine as I have their physical SIM fitted. I decide to add an EE contract and EE do support eSim ... why can’t I do this? Or can I? Does it require both carriers to support the technology or just the carrier provisioning onto the eSim?

OK, I realise that there are certain carrier facilities that get provisioned (or not), but surely O2 couldn’t, on a SIM free handset, dictate whether a compatible carrier can be provisioned onto the internal eSim that technically, O2 have no right to have anything to do with. Their carrier details are contained on the physical sim.

I don’t have a huge confidence that O2 will carry through with implementing this ... I expect we’ll be told, once they have sold a lot of handsets, that there is insufficient demand. Hope I’m wrong as at home, O2 are the only available carrier but service is dire at my work locations hence wanting to use both O2 and EE.

The network provider / carrier only tampers with handsets they sell. Up to now at least, and I expect that to remain. They will, for instance, lock it so you can only use their network, in order to give them the opportunity to claw back some of the money they lost / invested in selling you the handset at a (normally) discounted price. Fair enough.

If you buy the handset direct from Apple (as I do), your only relationship with O2 is a SIM-Only deal, which is independant of your personal hardware.

The only limitation I have seen regarding the cross compatibility of the physical and eSIM carrier, is CDMA. Check this out: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044

HTH,

Kevin

Message 62 of 461

Trapdoor
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Grandad wrote:

The network provider / carrier only tampers with handsets they sell. Up to now at least, and I expect that to remain. They will, for instance, lock it so you can only use their network, in order to give them the opportunity to claw back some of the money they lost / invested in selling you the handset at a (normally) discounted price. Fair enough.

If you buy the handset direct from Apple (as I do), your only relationship with O2 is a SIM-Only deal, which is independant of your personal hardware.

The only limitation I have seen regarding the cross compatibility of the physical and eSIM carrier, is CDMA. Check this out: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044

HTH,

Kevin

Thanks for the link ... it has answered a few questions.

WRT whether a carrier can fiddle with the hardware settings, yep agree BUT the carrier can determine things like whether you can use Personal Hotspot which I find annoying. Think people found to their cost on BT Mobile initially where BT sold massive data plans but didn’t allow tethering.

So as far as I can see then, when I get my new Xs on the Apple Upgrade plan, so long as another carrier (say EE) can provision to an eSim, O2 saying it isn’t supported until 2019 H1 is irrelevant.

Message 63 of 461

Jackmw14
  • 18 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered iPhone Xs Max 64gb Space Grey confirmation email at 7:25 and still said release day delivery after order probably the earliness catching people by surprise.

Message 64 of 461

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Order placed and confirmed at 07.29 XsMax ! You went early like last year O2.

I was ready for you this time ! 

Message 65 of 461

SaintRC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been trying to purchase for 30 mins now but issues with them taking payment!

More info
triumph

Message 66 of 461

Chris_C
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have the payment servers stopped responding? Card details at check out has just been stuck on a spinning wheel for about 45 minutes now, I've tried going back to delivery and continuing to checkout

-Edit-

Tried on 2 different computers on both firefox and chrome, got the same result. Then attempted through myO2 on my phone and it worked immediatly with no issues

Message 67 of 461

Harry213
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered an iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey - confirmation email came in at 0733
Message 68 of 461

uncleiven197
Level 3: Thinker
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So much for the yearly upgrade flexability then. the price of a S MAX when you knock it down to 12 months is ridiculas!

Message 69 of 461

SaintRC
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Such a shambles! Anyone would think they didnt want our money!

Not sure I can be bothered to keep trying out of principle.

Message 70 of 461