Did you mean: 

iPhone SE & iPad Pro 9.7" - Coming to O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Evening all

Just in case you missed it, Apple today held a special event keynote in which it gave more info on iOS 9.3 (available now!) as well as unveiling a couple of pieces of hardware.

O2 are pleased to confirm the iPhone SE and new iPad Pro 9.7" are both coming soon to O2. If you're interested, register your details here to be the first to hear about tariffs, info & availability > 

Were you watching the event? If so, what did you think of it? Excited about the new iPhone SE or will you be giving it a miss? And finally... Small phones or big phones - what's your choice?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I understand the camera can record 4k.....
Yet the screen can't even display an eighth of the same resolution? (1136x640 vs 3180x2160)
Sorry, but let me put this into literal perspective for you...

..my thumb, covers more pixels on my phone, than the entire se screen.
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is something that was reportedly stated at Apples last earnings call. This is a conference call podcast that Apple releases, the last one would have been at the end of January. I'll post a youtube link to it below this post if you really want to check for youself (assuming moderators will allow links posted to this site)...anyways the info is now two months out of date...but the point i was making is that there is clearly still a market for this otherwise Apple would not have done it, Apple has access to all the data....i was just making the point that Viridis point that all the users who have still not moved to 6/6S are all just teenagers using hand me downs does not hold water.....Apple tracks Apple userID's...they also have users ages on these userID's aswell.  

Some of the reactions online are frustrating because a lot of people don't seem to realise that the iphone 7 is still coming out in 6 months. The SE is an adition to the iphone line up, not a replacement for the flagship september release....if you watch the Apple presentation they make it clear from the begining that this is a very targeted release to satisfy two groups of users, they even mention these two groups as people who have been asking for 4 inch phones and new iOS users who want to get onto the platform at a cheaper entry price. It really is not hard to understand.

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you're really interested heres Apples last earnings call https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90a_IE-J5G8
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Viridis...your thumb may cover more pixels on your phone...but for me...and a lot of people...it is more important that my thumb can comfortably reach all areas of the screen. Also you are not using an iphone....and in comparison to the iphone 6S the SE resolution is still 326 pixels per inch...

Also 4K video just means that the horizontal resolution when viewing landscape is 4000 pixels...your phone is 3180...so you are not viewing 4k on your screen either...in terms of viewing clarity whats important is the pixels density...e.g. pixels per inch...if i really want to watch a 4000 pixel width video(with good pixel density of course) then i can always watch the iphone videos i took on a different screen.
Message 15 of 22

Samjobre
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Folks,

I think its individual choice. I have still an Iphone 4s, I prefer a smaller phone which is easier to shove in a trouser pocket when your on the go.

I will be getting the SE, hadn't much interest in the bigger screen phones at all.

As I say its personal choice!

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
A great upgrade for people who enjoy smaller screens. The processor is powerful and will handle ios 9.3 much better with less lag.

I'm not keen on the new iPad pro. I think it is essentially an iPad air 3 with another markup on the price because it supports the apple pencil and a few other features of the pro. Also calling it a super computer is quite far from the truth. IOS for iPad doesn't support desktop applications, there is no built in sd card reader or USB ports or display ports (all available with more financial cost). There are a lot better competitors on the market (surface pro, surfacebook, lenovo)- all this being my subjective opinion of course!
Message 17 of 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Samjobre wrote:

Folks,

I think its individual choice. I have still an Iphone 4s, I prefer a smaller phone which is easier to shove in a trouser pocket when your on the go.

I will be getting the SE, hadn't much interest in the bigger screen phones at all.

Couldn't agree more @Samjobre. Each person has their specific needs from a device :). I really liked the size of the 5 too; A big enough screen for watching stuff, but also very manageable to hold for smaller hands (like my partner's haha)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 22

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Also 4K video just means that the horizontal resolution when viewing landscape is 4000 pixels...your phone is 3180...so you are not viewing 4k on your screen either...

Correction to my post, my phone is 3840x2160, the 4k standard for 16:9 which is also the resolution of 4k video from mobile cameras.

So yes, according to Apple, I am viewing 4k.

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samjobre wrote:

Folks,

That's a nice way of looking at it slight_smile

Here's an interesting article that echoes those sentiments wink

Message 20 of 22