Did you mean: 

iPhone SE & iPad Pro 9.7" - Coming to O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Evening all

Just in case you missed it, Apple today held a special event keynote in which it gave more info on iOS 9.3 (available now!) as well as unveiling a couple of pieces of hardware.

O2 are pleased to confirm the iPhone SE and new iPad Pro 9.7" are both coming soon to O2. If you're interested, register your details here to be the first to hear about tariffs, info & availability > 

Were you watching the event? If so, what did you think of it? Excited about the new iPhone SE or will you be giving it a miss? And finally... Small phones or big phones - what's your choice?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A definite miss I'm afraid. I am used to a big screen and would never contemplate going back to a 4 inch scree, even made by Samsung let alone one made by Apple.

Message 2 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
They did this cuz 60% of iPhone users still use a smaller screen.....
What they don't realise through their own ignorance is that, that 60% is a bunch of teens using parent hand me downs to look cool at school.
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not for me I'm afraid, Apple have missed the boat on this one by going backwards 

Message 4 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not for me I'm afraid, Apple have missed the boat on this one by going backwards 

Elppa ?........let's see them take me to court with that trade mark !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Elppa ?........let's see them take me to court with that trade mark !!

Theie lawyers are too busy right now fighting the FBI and half of the US.

Message 6 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
"The new iPad Pro will be the "ultimate PC replacement", said Apple's Phil Schiller"

So now they think they have re-invented the wheel.
But it's the same size as the original iDap...size 9.7.....the plot has been lost, methinks.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

They lost the plot when it was in the rumour stages. They were better off sticking to their September flagship models. Pretty soon they'll start to copy Samsung & release a new iPhone every few months 

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank god, finally i will upgrade my iphone 5S! The iphone 6/6S is simply to big.

Why would i want a phone that i cannot use with one hand? I can just reach the corner of my 5S with my thumb and my thumb will not be growing anytime soon....to the people who don't seem to understand the appeal of the SE...this is basically an iphone 6S in the smaller body of a 5S(an advantage for me)...the battery performance is supposed to be the same as the 6S(due to the SE being thicker)...and this is ONLY 6 months after the 6S was released.....if i had the option of picking a phone(6S) that is annoyingly to big to use comfortably one handed and being stuck with that for 12-24 months...or just waiting 6 months for them to shrink it down to the right size...then obvisouly i will wait 6 months longer! Also data supports the case for the SE. The 6/6S did well because it brought in new users from Android who prefered bigger phones, but apprarently 60% of iphone users who used iphone before 6/6S was released have still not moved to 6/6S....and these users still make up about 40% of the total iphone user base....so obviously there is still a market for the 5S size. I am an example of that and i know people who do think their 6S is to big!

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
obviously users are tracked by user ID's....so Apple is well aware when phones are handed down(passed from one ID to another)...and when the same ID continues to use a smaller screen handset. The stats are that 60% of users who used iphone before 6/6S release have not moved to the larger screen...these users still make up about 40% of users (6/6S brough in new users from other platforms)
Message 10 of 22