Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Re: iPhone 5 is coming to O2...

there is no excuse for that, i feel that is pathetic, i got the same email last night .  Time is come to go elsewhere, im sure another network will treat you better, cant do much worse

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Sorry, what's happened? I'm not sure I fully understand Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

Hi basically leonard this other guy ordered iPhone same time as me, my phone came but this guy is still waiting, O2 have let him down and give him no answers
Highlighted
Anonymous

Exactly right. I have been messed about and lied to from the beginning. It is now clear that o2 knew on the 14th that it did not have enough stock to meet it's launch day obligations but continued to promote being able to deliver new phones on the 21st as long as orders were placed by 4pm on the 20th. A downright falsehood that I can only assume was meant to (fraudulently) induce customers into renewing with them or moving to them.

Now let me be clear - I fully appreciate the challenges around delivering so many new items - that is a given. What is not acceptable in any way shape or form is to be lied to by your service provider. And to compound this already terrible piece of customer disservice, I have been given inconsistent advice by chat "gurus" each and every time I have spoken to one. 

Very, very poor o2. Very, very poor - and you are not even cheap!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unfortunately I've had a similar experience… I was told something by CS, upgrades and the store on the Tuesday/Wednesday before the launch. When it came to the launch day I wasted 5/6 hours queuing and in store! I only now just had my 5 connected and missed out on a higher buy back price by £60... It was very poor I'm sad to say, as O2 have been excellent in the past! My complaint is in and if I don't get a suitable response, then it's the ombudsmen! Smiley Sad
Highlighted

It is illegal to lie about what stock you have to induce customers into ordering a phone.  Bur i have been told carphone warehouse dealt with the orders and some of the blame needs to lie with them also.  You have every right to go to the ombusman, especially as the law dont lets mobile phone providers give existing customers only 24 month contracts, As to wether that is inforceable via the ombusman that is another matter  http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-02/01/ofcom-demands-networks-sell-12-month-contracts

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid it appears to have been lies from day one with o2.

After all the "3-5 working days" on Monday garbage, which followed the "on Monday" garbage I was fed on launch day, which itself was preceded by the "on launch day" garbage I got all last week; here I am a full seven days after being promised my new phone. Current status according to My o2; "In progress". Also garbage I'm afraid as my real status is "Planning which Orange shop to visit over the weekend".

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unfortunately after being on hold for the umpteenth time for 15mins and counting I have decided to hang-up for the last time. I have been with O2 now for well over 6 years and have never had a problem in the past. I am entitled an "upgrade" but to get my iPhone 5 i must take out a "new contract" paying the same charges as a new customer would. Add to this the fact that O2 have no 4G internet in the pipeline in the next 24months and that they cannot match other providers tariffs (mins/texts and data) I have decided to go elsewhere, which I feel is a shame. I shall be asking for my PUK code as soon as my new handset arrives... Bye Bye

Highlighted
Anonymous

Speaking of lies, 

Have you guys already covered their numerous contradicting explanations as to why they refuse to unlock iPhone 5s ?

Well, I had this lovely chat today with an operator : Chat with O2 about unlocking iPhone 5 - Name out.png

This situation annoyes me so much that I do take a bit of my time every week to go on a weekly rant, hoping that it'll one day change something, I'm borderline not even bothered to do it anymore.