O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

15/9, 16:00 - A blog with Q&As just went up

16/9, 15:10 - A few detals have been added to the page

17/9, 10:30 - Added a few more Q&As 

17/9, 16:15 - Added some more questions & their answers 

Q: Where’s the best place to find the latest info about the iPhone 5 on O2?

A: Check out http://j.mp/iPhone5O2 for all the latest information.

Q: How much does iPhone 5 cost?

A: You can have a look at our tariffs and prices for iPhone 5 at http://j.mp/iPhone5O2

Q: Will you be taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5?

A: Yes, you can pre-order iPhone 5 on O2 but stock is limited, so be quick.

Q: When will my iPhone 5 pre-order be delivered?

A: If we get your pre-order before 4pm the day before launch, we’ll get it to you on launch day. The only exception to this will be those customers with an address in the Highlands and Islands.

Q: Which tariffs will the iPhone 5 be available on if I grab one from a store?

A: The iPhone 5 will be available on our On & On 24-months tariff as well as the £63 per month tariff over 24 months.

Q: Is it available on 12 or 18 month tariffs?

A: the iPhone 5 is only available on 24 month tariffs.

Q: I’m at the end of my 12 month Simplicity contract.  Can I upgrade to iPhone 5 online?

A: Yes,  if you are at the end of your contract, you can upgrade to iPhone 5 with online pre-order or on launch day as long as we have the phone in stock.

Q: I’m on 12 month Simplicity but still in contract.  Can I upgrade early and get iPhone 5?

A: If you signed up to the special offer £20 a month On & On Simplicity, you’ll need to wait until after 6 months. All other Simplicity customers still in contract will need to go to an O2 retail shop on launch day, Friday 21 September. You will not be able to upgrade online.

Q: I’m on 30 day Simplicity.  Can I upgrade to iPhone 5 online?

A: If you’ve been with us for 6 months or longer, yes, you can upgrade with online pre-order as long as we have the phone in stock. Head over to o2.co.uk/upgrade

Q: What if I’ve been with O2 for less than 6 months on a Simplicity tariff?  Can I get iPhone 5?

A: It depends on the result of your last credit check. If you don’t see the option to pre-order via o2.co.uk/upgrade give us a call.

Q: Why are your Retail store iPhone 5 prices different to your Online/Telesales prices?

A: When you buy iPhone from O2’s website or through our call centres you will be buying it from Carphone Warehouse (O2 will be acting as an agent for Carphone Warehouse).  Carphone Warehouse set their own price for the iPhones we sell on their behalf, so prices may be different when compared to O2 Retail stores.

Q: Is the iPhone 5 available on Pay & Go?

A: Yes – you’ll be able to buy iPhone 5 from O2 on launch day.

Q: Is there a Fast Track Upgrade option available for existing customers?

A: Existing customers can pay to end their contract early, however the cost will vary depending on your contract. Call us to discuss this further.

Q: How do I find out if I’m eligible for an upgrade?

A: Pay Monthly customers can upgrade early depending on their tariff. Find out your upgrade date by texting UPGRADE to 21602. Or check on MyO2 or the My O2 app on your smartphone.

Q: How do I get a nano sim?

A: One will come with the iPhone when you get it from O2 – if you’re buying from elsewhere you’ll be able to get one from us from Monday afternoon (17th September).

Q: What if I get an iPhone 5 from somewhere else? How do I get a nano sim?

A: You’ll need to pick a nano sim up from one of our stores from Monday afternoon (17th September).Remember – you won’t need to do this if you’re getting your iPhone 5 from O2 – we’ll supply a nano sim with it automatically.

Q: Can I buy iPhone 5 on O2, unlock it and use it on another network?

A: We won’t unlock iPhone 5 at this time. This is to make sure that genuine O2 customers get iPhone 5 on O2.

Q: Can I get cash for my old phone?

A: Yes, with O2 Recycle, your old phone could be worth up to £260. And do your bit for people and planet with Think Big. Get a quote today and post your old phone once you get your new iPhone. The quote’s valid for up to 14 days.  Find out how much yours is worth at http://www.o2recycle.co.uk

You can find all stores here: http://o2.asymmetry.co.uk/

12/09/12 - Like the look of the new iPhone 5?

So do we – that’s why it’s coming to O2. More details to come over the next few days - keep checking back here for more...

13/09/12 - If you want to keep up to date with all the iPhone 5 news? Register for updates at http://j.mp/O2iPhone5

14/09/12 (10:30) - Pre-orders will be live from later today! (including info around tariffs & prices)

14/09/12 (11:50) - Looking to buy iPhone 5? See what our in-store prices will be when it goes on sale at http://j.mp/OulVwJ

14/09/12 (19:15) - Want some great news? Existing O2 customers can now pre-order the iPhone 5. Visit http://www.o2.co.uk/upgrades to get yours!

Message 1 of 1,309
1,308 REPLIES 1,308

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I went into orange shop yesterday and ordered 32g and just got text from orange saying come into ship today anytime to puck up my new phone. Now that's service. And I got 2g data and 18 month contract.

how the heck did u manage that? I went to Orange this morning and got a 24 month contract, they said it was all they wer doing. What branch was that at?

Message 1261 of 1,309

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done lisa glad you got your phone

Message 1262 of 1,309

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well Madgick sometimes it depends who you speak ti and that seems to be what happens

Message 1263 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well woke up to my visual voicemail not working... then got to work and my 3G had stopped working... I guess they're swapping it over as the day goes on!

I have had a text to say it'll be delivered between 3 and 4pm! Hurray. slight_smile

Message 1264 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable
Orange store in Edinburgh . I went in yesterday at 5.30pm and they just phoned me to collect new phone after 2pm today.
Re 18 month contract I just asked saying that I was aware that t mobile where doing and I thought they were now same company??? He just said okay then ?? Happy days.
Message 1265 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently out of stock already?  Been onto o2 every day since Friday trying to pre order and they said I could only preorder if I was to lease one. Im a business customer and have always previously had the iphone the day of release since the 3GS. Surely they knew the demand would be this high ridiculous how they have sold out by 10:00am!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happy, the orange side is looking very appealing!

Message 1266 of 1,309

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi kat the same thing happened with my 3g, i just reset network settings on iphone and then the 3g comes back.  My delivery is between 2.08 and 3.08

Message 1267 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen this posted by o2 on the FAQ page:

-----

O2
iPhone 5 supports 2G and 3G, as well as 4G data across certain frequencies. iPhone 5 combined with O2’s network, including the UK-wide rollout of U900 and HSPA+ 21.2Mbps rollout, can load a webpage in under 1.5 seconds and a music track in 10 seconds. We expect these times to get even faster as we rollout HSPA+ 42.2Mbps.

-----

What exactly does this mean and is there any defintive truth in saying that these iPhone 5's will not work with 4G? What does "U900 and HSPA+ 21.2Mbps" mean and will these iPhone 5's work with that?

Message 1268 of 1,309

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What exactly does this mean and is there any defintive truth in saying that these iPhone 5's will not work with 4G? What does "U900 and HSPA+ 21.2Mbps" mean and will these iPhone 5's work with that?

It means the O2 network is constantly being upgraded and will be fast enough for most users, given a decent location and coverage.

The iPhone 5 will work on it obviously, but will not work on 4G, which won't be fully operational for at least another year, by which time there will be a new one which probably will.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1269 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It means the O2 network is constantly being upgraded and will be fast enough for most users, given a decent location and coverage.

The iPhone 5 will work on it obviously, but will not work on 4G, which won't be fully operational for at least another year, by which time there will be a new one which probably will.

Thank you Perksie.

Well that seems pretty rubbsih if I'm honest. We are getting these new phones advertised as 4G but they won't work as 4g on the network that sold them to us and has locked them down as being unusable on any other network? Sounds like a swindle to me, and this "HSPA+ 21.2" sounds like 3.5G fob off as well. Unless there is some commitment from o2 to ensure buyers of the new i5 will have access to a discounted upgrade to the i5s or some other plan that gives us access to 4G, then I'm not entirely convinced I shouldn't cancel my order and go with EE or 3. 

I have a suspicion we may be getting ripped off by o2.....

Message 1270 of 1,309