Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro 2018 - Pre-order on 2 November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

On Tuesday 30 October, Apple held a special event in which they announced new Macbook's & Mac Mini's. They also unveiled two brand new iPad's which are their best ones yet, and which mark the biggest change to iPad since, well, iPad.

The new iPad Pro's will be available to pre-order on O2 from this Friday, 2 November, on the links below.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad Pro 11" 2018
iPad Pro 12.9" 2018
ipadpro11-silver-sku-header.png
ipadpro129-spacegray-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Original Post & live updates below

More info

Hey guys,

Exciting stuff could be happening soon. Right now Apple are hosting another special event. Who knows what will happen, but if there's anything juicy, we'll update this thread as and when we can.

Stay tuned, and watch the live stream here right nowhttps://www.apple.com/apple-events/ 

Live Updates

More info
14:05: Tim Cook on stage talking about the MacOS Mojave update. Dark Mode looks great.
14:10: It's official - an all new Macbook Air just got announced with Retina display "and a whole lot more"
14:12: 4x the resolution for over 4 million pixels. Text & images sharper and more lifelike than ever
14:14: Touch ID on new macbook
14:20: Every new Macbook Air will be made from 100% recycled aluminium
14:25: New Mac Mini announced - all the power of a large desktop in a tiny package
14:43: Here we go, Tim Cook is starting to talk about the current iPad line-up
14:44: It's official - a new iPad!!!
14:45: The new iPad Pro. It's here, and it looks stunning.
14:46: The new iPad Pro comes in an 11" display - packing the same footprint as the previous iPad Pro, but with a larger display thanks to slimmer bezels
14:48: The new iPad Pro also comes in a new and improved 12.9" version, with 25% less volume than its predecessor 
14:50: No home button, so welcome gestures to help you get around
14:50: The A12X chipset powers these new iPads and offers a huge jump in performance and efficiency
14:54: Up to 1TB storage on an iPad. ON AN iPAD!!
14:54: New iPad Pro's moving to USB-C from Lightning connector. You can even charge your iPad from your iPad on the go
14:54: New 2nd-gen Apple Pencil. Snaps to iPad via magnets and charges wirelessly from the iPad

Update 31 October: We know everyone is excited about the new iPad Pro's - and we are too. They will be heading to O2 and we will share more info on availability soon. Watch this space.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 350
349 REPLIES 349

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AppleFan18 I’m the opposite 

More info
sweat_smile
i always go for the lowest capacity because I’ve got 2Tb iCloud available and suits my needs. 
The only time I go a bit “more” is if color exclusive or delivery times are way different. So far only done that for 7+ Jetblack and this year for the XS Max the 256 was available and the 64 was 3weeks waiting... 
68385AAE-84A4-43DF-A9DC-2809793B4EFF.jpeg
I stream music and my photos after a wile they go to my cloud drive. 
The only reason why I have 1 song is because if none my car will not play Spotify from my iPhone, so I bough one song from iTunes and allows Sporty streaming (weird)
Message 101 of 350

Lucyo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh I ordered the 64g, fingers crossed I’m getting so impatient lol
Message 102 of 350

AppleFan18
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What a brilliant idea I might upgrade my iCloud storage slight_smile but my main reason for going 512gb for all devices is because sometimes I might not have WiFi or signal when travelling and can still access everything slight_smile but as the devices are getting silly with delivery times I might start using my iCloud more. Thanks slight_smile
Message 103 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AppleFan18 And don’t forget you have the 4G version... data is always there, even when you roam specially with 4Gb and higher plans on mobile you can even do USA with o2 sharing your iPhone connection. 

The prices for higher capacity are crazy, and if you consider cloud computing and storage is the future... and it’s compatible with family plan, you can shar part of your storage with family. 

For me there’s no turning back money_mouth

Message 104 of 350

Theboynorm
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m split in the middle, always go for the midrange model, heavy cloud storage user, but also appreciate the need for some local storage, I hit the 256 model, it’s the same as my MacBook and seems to be my sweet spot. 

How Oe long until they enable storage via that USB-C port?

Message 105 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Theboynorm Lots of pressure regarding storage access via USB-C this year. Based on how Apple reacts to this, I believe they will leave it for now and allow on iOS 13 unless sales are really affected they will do something... or 3rd party will go crazy and do something that’s really usable because so far the options are really bad. The moment they enable usb storage access they will sell less 1tb or 512gb because people will do math and external will be cheaper

Message 106 of 350

Theboynorm
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They listened on the Mac mini, on the 2014 refresh they dropped support for user replaceable RAM & HDD, sales weren’t strong and the second hand marked for the 2012 i7 Quadcores went crazy. This this they’ve put but the RAM & reintroduce the Quad & 6core processors.

They do listen to the end users, but sometime it’s us them at need to change the way we use devices, as you mentioned the cloud storage is the way to work, it’s taken longer then you’d expect to go main stream.
Message 107 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Theboynorm do you remember optical drives?

Everyone “how dare they to remove it”

Me “Yay, my OCD it’s fixed, no more DVD’s or BluRay to store”

Moving from HDD to SSD and the price increase 

Everyone “Apple is so expensive. We can’t chose, how dare they”

Me “Yay, no more vibration and less loading times”

the problem with Apple is they don’t explain why they do things, and if the end user isn’t tech minded I understand that can be confusing 

Message 108 of 350

Theboynorm
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hear you with those statements, you just really need to think about how you use your device, what is important to the way you work and how to make the best use of the tech you have.

its funny how the small things still surprise people, the comments I get about the iPad & pencil, OMG I didn’t know you could do that... it’s just Apple notes and a pencil!!

still as you said fingers crossed for the later part of this week

Message 109 of 350

Norwichred
  • 73 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont get these complaints about the iPad and iOS being restrictive.  I’m head of English and GCSE teacher for a large nationally recognised training provider and I use my iPad Pro all the time for work.

My learners produce their work as RTFs.  All the other tutors have to download the work to their PC, print it out, mark it, scan it back, upload it back up to the learning platform.

I open it on my ipad, export it to word, mark it with the pencil, and export it back again.

So much easier, all using iCloud.  I make my presentations on iPad, I do everything using it.

I have a work laptop provided by the company but I use my own iPad Pro.  I’m looking forward to actually doing my presentations with the latest one rather than having to send it back to a work PC.

There are limitations (for example, I’ve just had to send some work emails and I don’t have access to my work contact groups) but that is down to poor implementation by Microsoft in their apps rather than iOS.

Message 110 of 350