Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro 2018 - Pre-order on 2 November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

On Tuesday 30 October, Apple held a special event in which they announced new Macbook's & Mac Mini's. They also unveiled two brand new iPad's which are their best ones yet, and which mark the biggest change to iPad since, well, iPad.

The new iPad Pro's will be available to pre-order on O2 from this Friday, 2 November, on the links below.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad Pro 11" 2018
iPad Pro 12.9" 2018
ipadpro11-silver-sku-header.png
ipadpro129-spacegray-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Original Post & live updates below

More info

Hey guys,

Exciting stuff could be happening soon. Right now Apple are hosting another special event. Who knows what will happen, but if there's anything juicy, we'll update this thread as and when we can.

Stay tuned, and watch the live stream here right nowhttps://www.apple.com/apple-events/ 

Live Updates

More info
14:05: Tim Cook on stage talking about the MacOS Mojave update. Dark Mode looks great.
14:10: It's official - an all new Macbook Air just got announced with Retina display "and a whole lot more"
14:12: 4x the resolution for over 4 million pixels. Text & images sharper and more lifelike than ever
14:14: Touch ID on new macbook
14:20: Every new Macbook Air will be made from 100% recycled aluminium
14:25: New Mac Mini announced - all the power of a large desktop in a tiny package
14:43: Here we go, Tim Cook is starting to talk about the current iPad line-up
14:44: It's official - a new iPad!!!
14:45: The new iPad Pro. It's here, and it looks stunning.
14:46: The new iPad Pro comes in an 11" display - packing the same footprint as the previous iPad Pro, but with a larger display thanks to slimmer bezels
14:48: The new iPad Pro also comes in a new and improved 12.9" version, with 25% less volume than its predecessor 
14:50: No home button, so welcome gestures to help you get around
14:50: The A12X chipset powers these new iPads and offers a huge jump in performance and efficiency
14:54: Up to 1TB storage on an iPad. ON AN iPAD!!
14:54: New iPad Pro's moving to USB-C from Lightning connector. You can even charge your iPad from your iPad on the go
14:54: New 2nd-gen Apple Pencil. Snaps to iPad via magnets and charges wirelessly from the iPad

Update 31 October: We know everyone is excited about the new iPad Pro's - and we are too. They will be heading to O2 and we will share more info on availability soon. Watch this space.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 350
349 REPLIES 349

Norwichred
  • 73 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, just spoken to CEO team again - woman is borderline rude, so I wont bother again.  Not worth my sanity.

basically, she knows nothing more than the grunt in the call centre but the call centre are politer.

short version is, no information can be given but it is possible that their supplier told them that some would be delivered and have now let them down, but she doesn’t know.

its always someone else’s fault.

Message 301 of 350

Tobinski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update: I preordered the 512GB Space Grey 12.9 inch iPad Pro on 4th November. Received the initial email and no update since. I've contacted O2 a number of times and received different messages. Spoke to them today and they said the order was cancelled on 23rd as they're out of stock and I can reorder and wait another 4 weeks. I didn't receive an email about the cancellation either. They've refunded the up front cost. I went to EE who I'm currently with and have the exact same model arriving tomorrow and have already received a confirmation and dispatch email. O2 have been utterly terrible throughout the entire thing.
Message 302 of 350

Norwichred
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 73 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just phoned EE.  Apparently I can’t get a tablet on a contract with them because I don’t already have a phone!

genius!

Message 303 of 350

Alexythimia23
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SUPPLY UPDATE AS PER O2!.........

so I jut got off the phone with the call centre and the girl I spoke to went to find out from sales if they have any updates. She said they came back to tell her that stock is available in 4 days!?

every other time I’ve been told they have no dates when they have checked so this is the first time I have been actually told an eta!

i ordered mine on the 9th November so anyone who ordered before then I would say will definitely be getting theirs within a week?

Message 304 of 350

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They will be getting stock on the 32nd of Septober😅
Message 305 of 350

Alexythimia23
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Reading posts where people believe that the CEO of a company is being contacted with regards to the short supply of the new iPad Pro! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

because of course the highest ranking director of the company is going to liase with his call centre to tell them there is no supply! I’m dying 🤣

Message 306 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alexythimia23 You’re even more brave than me sweat_smile

Message 307 of 350

Norwichred
  • 73 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyway good luck everyone.  May we all one day get the ipad we ordered!  

Message 308 of 350

Alexythimia23
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t wait till I get that message to say my device is on its way!

maybe the ceo will personally send it 🤣

Message 309 of 350

Norwichred
  • 73 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well, putting the evidence from the troll who still hasn’t stated what model he’s waiting for and the fact that the 256 and 512GB models went to “up to a week” on Thursday and Friday last week - those of us who ordered those two models should be getting dispatch notifications today or tomorrow for delivery this week.

But I’m not holding my breath!
Message 310 of 350