cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You and your mobile. A match made in heaven!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

It’s Valentine’s Day and we want to hear about your relationship… with your phone. smiling

When you think about it, it’s hard to imagine life these days without a mobile phone. We talk through them, we type emails on them, some of us binge watch TV shows on them and we capture our lives on them.

It’s not always a smooth relationship with your phone – like real ones, there are special moments and not so special ones.

Moments can change how we feel towards our Mobile Phone, and most of us would class our relationship status with our phone differently depending on how it’s used and what happens during the day. Here are just some of the love/hate moments that may change how you feel towards your phone in depending on what’s happening during the day

1) When your phone alarm goes off

2) On the way to work you get a free coffee with O2 Priority

3) Your favourite track drops just before you get to the office

4) When your notifications go crazy when you’re in a meeting *buzz buzz buzz*

5) But then when you check them out, it’s a hilarious tag from your BFF

6) When you think Valentine’s Day will be a washout but you’ve just had a match on a dating app

Here are some tips to make sure your relationship with your phone (and your other half) stays healthy:

• Out for a special meal?
    1. DO: Fire up the O2 Priority app and check the nearby restaurants for any offers. Nothing wrong with grabbing a discount on a gorgeous Italian meal at Valentine’s Day.
    2. DON’T: Keep your phone on the table and look at it every time you get a Facebook notification
  • Off to see a movie?
    1. DO: Use your phone to surprise your date and book the super fancy ‘Premiere’ seats. Comfort goes a long way.
    2. DON’T: Keep your phone on and tweet throughout the movie. Firstly, nobody likes spoilers. Secondly, you don’t want to be ‘that person’ who ruins Black Panther by blinding the row behind you with your screen at 100% brightness
  • When you’re messaging on dating app
    1. DO: Use the smooth talking – enhance it with the RIGHT emoji’s 
    2. DON’T: Use the wrong emojis – yes, there are some emoji’s that could make your date think twice about things. 
  • When you’re spending time with your significant other
    1. DO: Put the phone down and enjoy the special moments. Slouching on the couch having a binge over your favourite counts as quality time
    2. DON’T: Pay more attention to the group chat banter on any of the many messaging apps. That Neymar screamer clip will still be around tomorrow

Valentine’s Day is all about love – tell us about those special moments that you have with your phone. Has it helped you celebrate Valentines Day? Let us know in the comments below. wink

Oh, and have a happy Valentine’s Day! heart_eyes heart_eyes heart_eyes

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Some good tips there, some applicable to me and others, not for a long time. Valentines day was the usual sending of and receiving of, Google valentine gifs from various Thai ladies 😉 but I've just closed Skype after a 2 1/2 hour call with my wife so that has obviously made my day 😁

I hope everyone has been having a good Valentines day though those of us less fortunate than myself who have been working may be treating (or being treated by)  their loved ones to a special meal. None for me though I'll be checking the fridge for a delightful ready made Tesco lasagne and maybe even have a pot noodle with it 😂😂

For any of us who are unattached, whether that be by choice or other circumstances, get yourselves out clubbing, not in the literal sense, and have a good evening maybe meeting that special someone.....or maybe just for the night 😉

very_sorry_sia_jai_in_thai_language_script_heart_sticker-ra25d8726b07e4a76be688dfeb0ed5feb_v9w0n_8byvr_324.jpg

Enjoy your....

Animated-picture-of-Valentine-hearts.gif

Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Not sure about a Valentines day relationship with my phone....Smiley Very Happy

I made a call to the doctor and window cleaner

I checked an Amazon delivery

I answered a call for my husband as they couldn't get him on his phone(it was from another woman) LOL

I looked at the reveal of the first 2018 F1 car to be released today...heart

Other than that my Valentines day was pretty much as usual....Cat (and my phone took a rest....)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad you had some time to catch up with your wife today @jonsie! And some great tips for the singletons out there! I'm not one for Valentines day really but it's a good day to catch up with those loved ones you haven't spoken to in a while! 

@Cleoriff Another woman calling on Valentines day! laughing I hope it was innocent! innocent

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I sent my son and his girlfriend a WhatsApp pic from Poppy. See below heart

Took an Amazon delivery of a new laptop tray because my mum bought me a new laptop for my birthday end of this month so of course it needs new laptray, case and mouse joy

My son buying me a new mouse among other things. 

Rang my mum this afternoon thats all phone done. 

27994413_10211424968245446_1123015011_n.jpg

Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Martin-O2Just someone from work asking him to update the website..... so a bit boring really..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I have to tread carefully with phone relationships, my phone just found out how many im doing on the side and is going ape.
Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@viridiswrote:
I have to tread carefully with phone relationships, my phone just found out how many im doing on the side and is going ape.

@viridis  Go on you can tell us...we won't breathe a word ...Honest Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's bad, might get rid of her in a few weeks.....
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I hate my phone.
It never stops ringing or sending me emails - constantly wants attention worse than any woman I know !! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 18