Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - Upgrade your life

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Hey guys,

Me and Brad have made our way to sunny-ish London today to attend Microsofts “Windows 10 Launch Event”, hoping to get the inside scoop on all things Windows 10. For those of you running Windows 7 or 8 on your laptop or desktop computer, remember that from today you can get a free upgrade to Windows 10. This will last for a full year, after which time you’ll need to pay for the upgrade. If Windows 10 on your computer interests you, check this link out: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Don’t forget though that Windows 10 will also be coming to Windows Phone and it will help unify your devices and make life easier and more streamlined. The upgrades for this will be reaching current Lumias end of the year and who knows, maybe tonight there could be new Windows 10 devices announced.

We'll keep you updated as the evening unfolds

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 48

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm not worried in the least. I won't be downloading it. Not for a long time. I wouldn't download an OS on anything on the first day. Good luck @jonsie I have read that if you're not happy with the upgrade you can roll back to your previous OS if it's 7 or 8.1.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 48

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Microsoft have a lot of tech on show for us today! So far we've had demos of Oculus / Virtual Reality, tested it the lovely new Surface Pro 3, tested it Windows 10 and is new features, rated Windows 10 on mobile devices, and some incredible demos showing the power of Microsoft latest Windows update.

Microsoft are treating us well with grub and some, err, light refreshments of course. 

Message 13 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Microsoft have a lot of tech on show for us today! So far we've had demos of Oculus / Virtual Reality, tested it the lovely new Surface Pro 3, tested it Windows 10 and is new features, rated Windows 10 on mobile devices, and some incredible demos showing the power of Microsoft latest Windows update.

Microsoft are treating us well with grub and some, err, light refreshments of course. 

Got a good job you have! Notice you didn't invite me along...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 48

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hard life for some @Chris_K tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 48

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Here's our very own Brad getting a demo of Dolby Audio equipped laptops - with the Dolby tech turned off and on, there's a massive difference. Keep up the good work Dolby Audio!20150729_193807.jpg

And here he is again testing out "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" on one of their tablets. This was his first time, everybody!

20150729_195312.jpg

Amongst the many gaming demos was a gaming rig right out of a sci-fi movie playing some Battlefield on triple screens. It was as awesome as it looks - it even had a cup holder for our non alcoholic beverages!

20150729_200558.jpg

And here we are at Microsoft Internet of Things booth, with us controlling a 'wobbly bot' with an Xbox controller. We want one!

20150729_201100.jpg

It has been a good event and we've had some hands on with many of Microsofts new tech offerings and had some in depth demos of Windows 10 on both desktop and mobile. This ladies and gents, does look like the future. 

Unfortunately we saw no new hardware which deep down we were really hoping for, but we're sure whatever they have in stock for us will be well worth the wait. 

Message 17 of 48

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Looks exciting stuff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 48

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 19 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been great, there's a PC the size of a small property, it's nothing like my first PC which was of a similar size. We've picked up some goodies for some windows enthusiasts too. I'll save them until I see the first Windows 10 review on the community wink
Message 20 of 48