O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Community Manager

Re: Welcome to the O2 community! Introduce yourself here!

No worries @Bill1945! It's great to have you with us on the Community! 

Great to hear you're a Rugby fan! We get some Rugby related swag on offer from time to time so I'll be sure to tag you! tongue winking

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community

Level 3: Thinker

Stunning pictures with remarkable detail. Thank you for posting

Give the People a Voice

Thank you @viridisstunning photographs comparible with my Canon D5 Mark 111. Are you a student of astronomy? Do you use the Xperia camera phone for pictures of our Solar System after dark and if so what degree of success do you have?

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Topics: 68

Not so much astrophotography with the phones tbh, I find the small sensors combined with lenses above f1.8 just don't cut it. I do though enjoy setting the metering to spot and at full zoom, get shots of the international space station as it passes, yeah they aren't exactly spectacular but you can make out the shape in 1/20 shots.
For astro I use my a6000 with either a Zeiss 135mm or an old converted Soligor 400mm. I find the APS-C pulls in far more light and helps with me learning various things about the cameras

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.

A recent one of Orion.

orion-1.jpg

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.

And the ISS.

true.jpeg

Not had much chance with xzp to try iss but I have some taken with z5 and xz somewhere.. this one was Z3 

Thank you @viridis Orion is a favourite constellation of mine.Great picture. 

I must admit I own a telescope and use Skymap version 12 software. From our location at Lat 55 Long -4 it looks fantastic on a cold night in the Southern sky at Dec 35 at around 2200.

The vast distances we can see even with the naked eye is mind blowing!!! (EG Gemini)

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Level 2: Apprentice

Hello...

.. To the o2 community I'm new and just joined yesterday I used to be with o2 years ago and decided to come back after I got offered a great deal...
Well hope everyone is good and take care... I thought I would introduce myself..
Topics: 61
Kudos: 698
Blog Posts: 1

Re: Hello...

Good morning @StayBlessed2k18

Nice of you to introduce yourself. I hope your second time round with O2 is everything you're hoping for and all goes well.

And welcome back to O2 and to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S8+

Topics: 643

Re: Hello...

Hi @StayBlessed2k18

Welcome to the forum, so pleased to see you have decided to come back

As you haven't posted before, maybe you would like to introduce yourself here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Welcome-to-the-O2-community-Introduce-yourself-here/m-p/1...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask Welcome

*The Game Is On*